It's Official # Tayto

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
My Irish fed ex driver ( :sick: ) brought me some Irish chips. His mom sent him a case from Ireland cuz he's home sick :lol:

Mmmmmmmmm foreign chips :drool:

20117-02.jpg

In Nrothern Ireland we get a different type of Tayto crisps. I have been to the Tayto factory, as part of my GCSE Business Studies course, it was very interesting. :up:

Because we have family members living across the border whenever we went to visit or go somewhere in the South for a day my Dad used to stock up on 12 packs of these crisps (Cheese & Onion are the nicest flavour). That was back in the old days though, when I was about 7 or 8 but I can still vivdly remember the taste of them. We don't eat crisps anymore. We're healthy. :|

ooo my bad, they are crisps, not chips. :hmm:

Yes, I am eating cheese & onion and they are delectable.

What's in the soda bread?

I think we just call chips, crisps. Chips here and thick fries. :up:

Soda bread is just plain flour, baking soda, and buttermilk. It's really easy to make. You can get it in the form of a thick loaf of bread but here you buy them in thick, square shapes, cut them in half and toast them. :drool: My great-granny used to make her own soda and wheaten bread and jam and every while she used to bring a stack of them over here. She was a really good cook. :drool:

The thick squares are called soda farls, by the way. Incase you ever came to Belfast. :D

Cost Plus World Markets also sold Irish Soda Bread mixes. I'll see if they still have 'em. If they do I'll see about mailing one out to you Sicy. :) They turned out very yummy!

He has 64 bags of them.. he said he'd bring me more if I liked them :love:

I should bring him to a U2 concert :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom