It's Official #T -26 Days and counting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cleasai

Rock n' Roll Doggie
That is how much time I have left at my current job. The upper management for The Bombay Company finally spoke up about the future of my store. Even though my store pulls in the highest volume in our district, even though we are the largest location, we are definately closing. We lost the lease so we are gonna be shut down and the employees are to be transfered to the remaining stores. Unfortunately they want to transfer me to a location that is an hour away from where I live. Rather than having to deal with that horrendus commute I deceided, after five years of my loyal and faithful service, to resign. If I were to be asked how I was feeling about all of this, I'd reply that I'm filled with mixed emotions. I'm happy that I stuck with my goals by staying with the company this long, sad that a part of my life is now over, upset at both the company and the mall for losing the space, and nervous about my future. I hope the best for my co-workers who are also moving on.

Starting tomorrow (Monday) I'll be looking for employment. I'm strongly thinking about a management posistion at Best Buy. So if you (or knows anyone who) worked there. Please drop me a line. Bed, Bath and Beyond also opened a store near me so I might as well apply there too. Wish me luck. :|

PS... I really, really hate Westfield Shopping Towns right now. They are the Microsoft equivilent to shopping malls. Seriously, they own five of the six major shopping centers in town. :rant:

Weird... that's the same amount of days until adamswildhoney goes to see Coldplay. Coincidence I think not :eyebrow:

Good luck

Thanks Cujo. Would it be a further coin-ki-dink that a Coldplay song has been stuck in my head these past few days?

Thanks BC. I hope that clothing store will be a great place for you :) I hope you make lots of new friends there :hug:

Don't worry to much BC, Random Voice will be there with you the whole way.

That sucks Cleasai. You won't be unemployed for too long with 5 years under your belt.

wow, i was going to apply at best buy not too long ago. talk about coincidence! i'll have to see if they're still hiring. cleasai, i hope you find a better job soon. i had 7 years with the same company until they closed down all the stores with music +/blockbuster music and wherehouse bought it out. now those stores are closing down too, from what i heard. retail sucks.

icelle said:
wow, i was going to apply at best buy not too long ago. talk about coincidence! i'll have to see if they're still hiring. cleasai, i hope you find a better job soon. i had 7 years with the same company until they closed down all the stores with music +/blockbuster music and wherehouse bought it out. now those stores are closing down too, from what i heard. retail sucks.

My dad works in retail, and used to work for Service Merchandise which closed down last summer.

Retail :down:

What up surf doggies...

Just to give ya guys an update, I have a week left before I turn into a professional bum :tongue: The store is starting to look very very empty. It's very sad really. There have been customers absolutely mad at us for closing! uh... yea... :huh:

I applied for Best Buy about two weeks ago, but havent heard back from them. So today I stopped by their job fair. Judging from her body language, the lady who interviewed me seemed empressed about what I had to say during the interview. But maybe I just hexed myself by saying that I might have a chance after all :| Also, it doesn't sound like they have Full Time posistions available. I need benefits man! :combust: Ok that is all. Sorry I haven't really been around Interland. I just reviewed my posts. Apprantly I've been posting every six days. So at this rate, I guess I'll see ya next on May 28th :tongue:

Best Buy is a good company - but asks a lot of their retail managers. Retail in general I think eats people up. It is not an easy field to be in.

Westfield owns A LOT of malls all over the country. There are a few large management companies like this. They are buying up a lot of properties...all apart of corporate America. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom