it's official # shamrock shake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've never had one, probably cos my cousin told me that it makes your um, poop green.

:|

On the other hand, Guinness gives me the opposite affect when I have six or seven pints. Too much info :|

i've never had one either.

i'm too broke to get one this year unless i find enough change under the sofa cushions. :huh:

they dont even have the shamrock shake here.
Well Idont think they do I havent been to Mc Donalds in over a year.

I think it is a green milkshake they sell leading up to St. Patricks day.

We get green beer here too.
They dye the Liffey green too.

leprechaun_dance_hw.gif

the shamrock shake...

Shamrock shakes are not only green in colour, but they are mint flavored. So they are not just a green vanilla shake. Mmmmm

the title of this thread reminded me of Adam Sandler's impression of Bono singing a St. Patty's day song..

"green and creamy... I dream of Jeannie..."

fah said:
Last year (in Canada) I could not get a Shamrock shake at Mcdonalds. Talk about raining on my St Pattys Day Parade.
I wasn't in Canada last year
but I'm pretty sure that if I had been
I wouldn't have missed the Shamrock shake
since I was unaware of its existance

Top Secret Recipes version of McDonald's Shakes
by Todd Wilbur

Forty million customers get a dose of Mickey D's fast food every day. That also happens to be the exact same number of Americans who snore every night. Coincidence? But seriously, with all those daily McDonald's fans, you have to figure that at least a million or so go for one of the chain's three standard flavors of think shakes: vanilla, chocolate, or strawberry (as for the special Shamrock Shake, see below). The clone recipes here are quick since each one requires just three simple ingredients and a blender to mix it all up. How McEasy is that? Throw everything in a blender and press a button -- the one on the right. And if you want your shake thicker, just stash it in the freezer for a while.
You'll also find it very easy to re-create the flavors of McDonald's perennial St. Patrick's Day shake using only four ingredients. The two that make this holiday shake unique are the mint extract and green food coloring. Make sure your extract says "mint" and not "peppermint". And if you don't want shakes that are green like the real ones, you can certainly leave out the food coloring. After all it's only for looks. Now you can sip on a Shamrock any time of the year. Blarney!

Serving: Each shake recipe serves 2
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0
Total Time: 5

Chocolate Shake
2 cups vanilla ice cream
1 1/4 cups low-fat milk
2 tablespoons chocolate flavor Nesquick mix

Strawberry Shake
2 cups vanilla ice cream
1 1/4 cups low-fat milk
3 tablespoons strawberry flavor Nesquick mix

Vanilla Shake
2 cups vanilla ice cream
1 1/4 cups low-fat milk
3 tablespoons sugar

Shamrock Shake
2 cups vanilla ice cream
1 1/4 cups low-fat milk
1/4 teaspoon mint extract (not peppermint)
8 drops green food coloring

1. Combine all ingredients for the shake flavor of your choice in a blender and mix on high speed until smooth. Stop blender; stir if necessary, and blend again to help combine the ingredients.
2. Pour into two 12-ounce cups.

Make it yourself

A grasshopper is made with creme de menthe, creme de cacao and either milk or cream (I think milk but I'm not sure). This drink has never really found it's way into my heart. I would rather take JessicaAnn's recipe and add my own Baileys. At least the Baileys is Irish.:yes:

Back
Top Bottom