it's official # problem solved

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
I just had a panic attack when I discovered that I accidentally got acrylic paint on the rug in my workroom. It seems like I got careless and started working too close to the edge of my floor cover that I use to keep paint off of the rug. Once acrylic dries, you can't get it off, except with.......rubbing alcohol! I got some rubbing alcohol, poured it on the stain and scraped the paint off with my fingernails. My mother accuses me of bad manicure habits, but hey, strong fingernails can come in very handy. No comments about the, uh, manicure problems.

Last edited:
One time, I bought oil based paints instead of acrylic for this project the gals in the hall of the dorm I lived in were working on...we were supposed to use acrylics because of how nicely it cleans up with rubbing alcohol. But, hey, send me with my own damn money to walk over 2 miles to the store nd back in a blizzard to buy paint only to have my bag bust open on my way back and just see how much I care!!!!!!!! :mad: Besides, the Pine-Sol cleaned up any mess just fine...it just made our skin burn a little when we had to scrub it on ourselves to get paint off of our skin.

I prefer acrylics to oils because they dry so much faster. I had to use oils for a project in high school. That damn painting took two weeks to dry. During that time it rained and the canvas got bent. AARRGGHH. That's the last time I ever used oils!

Back
Top Bottom