It's Official # Personal Statement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lilly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I'm applying to be a student ambassador at my university (take potential students on tours). The application has a spot for a personal statement. I've never had a personal statement, so I wonder what it's supposed to be?

come on now, who has an example for me?

A friend of mine was a student ambassador. Yeah, I know that doesn't help YOU, but I just thought I'd say so.

Personal statement, eh?

Oh, I can think of a few...but I don't think that's what they are looking for...:shifty:

you basically write why you're qualified, or why you think you'd do a good job at what you're applying for.

Sample:

"hi my name is ( ). I am awesome and I want to work with you. I will not hurt you if you reject me but I may blackmail you.

I am a people person
I am an animal person

believe me, everyone knows I am very good and very cool and also a very effective blackmailer."

My personal statement

PERSONAL QUALITIES
Hard working, ambitious, dedicated, flexible, able to handle multiple tasks, good writing and grammar skills, detail oriented and well organized, reliable, team player, with high ability to learn new skills.

Dunno if that's the type of thing they want or not.

Sicy said:
My personal statement

PERSONAL QUALITIES
Hard working, ambitious, dedicated, flexible, able to handle multiple tasks, good writing and grammar skills, detail oriented and well organized, reliable, team player, with high ability to learn new skills.

Dunno if that's the type of thing they want or not.

damn Sicy, that's good! I might have to steal that.....

:lol: go ahead :sexywink:

I took computer classes a few years ago and learned how to write a winning resume. :D

Is it supposed to be like a page or a certain number of words, like an application personal statement, or a resume personal statement like Sicy posted?

:hmm: good spork idea

it's supposed to be just a resume statement.

meggy - do you like the pengie skin i sent you? he moves his eyes as you move your mouse!

The personal statement I had to do for my masters program basically talked about why I wanted to do the program, what I can bring to it, what I think it'll give me...basically just bs for a page, and you are ok...;) But really, I"d just try to talk about why you want to be an ambassador, what qualities you have that will make you good for it, why you think it'd be a good experience, etc....stuff like that. Hope it helps. :)

Lilly said:
I'm applying to be a student ambassador at my university (take potential students on tours). The application has a spot for a personal statement. I've never had a personal statement, so I wonder what it's supposed to be?

come on now, who has an example for me?

I have done 2 Personal Statements one for school and one for my UCAS (uni ppl) application forms, you have to make yourself sound good and Im not good at that cus I think Im bad at everything :lol: :wave:

Back
Top Bottom