It's Official# Obsessive Compulsives

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cujo

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I've noticed this website keeps track of a lot of stats. For instance: replies per thread, view counts, etc...

I think this is causing a lot of people to fret over their threads or journals... in some cases, causing them to refresh their journal repeatedly until they are masters of the viewing stat. What's with all the fuss? I think that I would be disturbed if my official RPE (replies per entry) count was high... who really wants to read my journal. That's probably a question no one wants to know the answer to...

So why does it feel like a competition...? Is it some deep down human desire to have recognition and praise... or has this site turned people into mindless zombies whose only purpose is to raise their post count so that they may sit atop the mountain of achievement...

enlighten me...

PS- I'm nearly at 2000... I'm so excited :wink:

I've lost control over my thread...

and I love it... because I have no idea what you're talking about...
don't stop on my account...

Originally posted by Sicy
I know you're having a good time and all.. but I think we're getting too many of these popularity contest threads. Some people actually feel bad when they're not mentioned...

The Filibuster: Mr. Cujo goes to Interference...

I'm not in the mood to start a battle over this, but isn't this creating a bit of a double standard. I've seen some nasty replies to threads, even from some of those that preach the above message. By all means say what you will about threads... if someone is offended give them a right to gripe in response. Don't close threads and pretend like nothing happened. This whole website is a popularity contest I'm happy to lose... with all the thread replies and ratings, no wonder people are feeling left out...

If anything, the rating system is more demoralizing than anyone disagreeing with you. It is anonymous and in my opinion a coward's way out... if someone has something to say, they should voice it in a reply, not just a smilie or a thumb (a necessity for a rating to be posted). Unfortunately lately, a lot of threads have resulted in closures and conflicts... which were most likely not the intentions of the thread authors in the first place.

I respect the positions of all the moderators and anyone that visits this forum. The only thing I ask is for this sentiment to be reciprocated, equally to everyone. Passion and heated arguments sometimes result in good ideas... not everything degenerates into verbal assaults...

I'm sorry if anyone is offended by this, for that was not the intention. It's all in the spirit of free speech and assembly... a pursuit that I hope everyone can appreciate. By all means if you disagree with me say something... don't mutter something under your breath and submit a rating of one (unless you feel it necessary)...

if you would like a copy of this rant please send one American dollar to Igloo #1, Canada city, Canada...

um, did you post this in the wrong thread cujo?
these things really shouldn't drag over from other threads, or private discussions and the like, not to accuse you...but its just a bit of courtesy.

Angela Harlem said:
um, did you post this in the wrong thread cujo?
these things really shouldn't drag over from other threads, or private discussions and the like, not to accuse you...but its just a bit of courtesy.

Oh, I agree... but the thread I was going to post in was closed... and being the author of the thread I have no quams about anything being said here... say whatever you like. The only thing devoid of COURTESY would be to restrain your voice and type the same old complacent answer...

...but, in everyone's interest we can move on. Although I thought what I said was quite relevant to the thread subject... this thread will probably be closed anyways, so this reply is of no matter worth worrying about.

Hey, I'm not going to argue your points with you, to be honest I have no idea which thread you are talking about. Its more the fact that its a practice around Interf to not begin a new topic on a closed thread, or bring over things from that into another forum, in this case IO. Its preferred that its dealt with in a pm, or an email as you dont have pm. I'm sure Sicy wont mind talking with you about whatever the prob is. She's easy going about stuff ya know. I know you wantde to move on, but I just wanted to say that, incase you weren't familiar with it.

But moving on.....All I care about statistic wise is my post count. I watch it like a hawk. Well, I dont really, cos I believe there are forces out there determined to keep me at under 5000. And despite my stalking of Slomey and others in IO lately, its still not really near 5000 :mad:

I want my 5000 dammit!

Didn't you offer a canadian penny? I dont know exchange rates, but basically anything will equal a lot in Oz $$. Our dollar is CRAP!

hmmm...you wanted that horse? I've never had a pic sig before I dont think....:hmm:

What the hey, time for a change! What do you want it to be daisyB?

:hmm:

how about....

Happy%20Face.JPG

that might be too big...I'll try to find something smaller and get back to you

Last edited:
Angela Harlem
Poptart
MacPhisto's Harem Girl

Local time:
04-05-2003 10:11 PM

In really unrelated news: My work is not answering thier phone.... perhaps they are out of power...:hmm: no work for me....

In semi-unrelated news: I predict Salome may have a ZC thread entitled "I like stalking Angie"

I don't see how that would be a confession

I send her 50 emails and 40 pm's every day that I like stalking her :D

:applaud:

Back
Top Bottom