It's Official never trust your dentist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laura M

Blue Crack Addict
So I skip off to the dentist today thankfully I was going to find out why I was in such pain

dentist lady examines my teeth all sound she says

She thought I had a small cavity but I said it wasnt even that side that was sore

The woman was calling me a liar telling me it was my wisdom tooth and that I only needed painkillers - she was practically shoving me out the door but I stayed in my wee seat and said I have had really bad pain in my mouth and face for over a week and wasnt happy with it and would prefer if she could check it more thorougly - Im such a pushover usually I wouldnt complain but the pain is REALLY bad I was going nowhere

So she (grudgingly) takes x-rays

Oh yeah so my tooth has ROTTED away - I can have 7 "lengthy" appts and get root canal work (thank you angie harlem for your delightful insight on root canal work :up: :yikes: ) but I opted to get it taken out - oh yeah and I have 3 cavities too which nobody has noticed

So there I am going to be a toothless old bat with 3 fillings

And she was going to send me home :mad: I trusted the dentist too :tsk:

And she left me sitting there for about 15 mins I didnt know where I was supposed to go so I stayed in my wee seat and played with everything :uhoh: :shifty:

Oh god Lara :hug:

I am paranoid about my teeth. I have never needed a filling or anything, but I did have a brace when I was younger. Turns out that brace messed my bite up big time, resulting in horrendous headaches and grinding in my sleep. So I went to the dentist and had to have a nasty plastic thing made to wear during the night. :yikes:

I also have receding gums for no reason whatsoever. I brush my teeth properly with a good toothbrush, floss and use mouthwash. The dentist can see no reason for it - I have no gum infections, and I don't scrub away harshly at my gums when I brush my teeth.

I am convinced my (perfectly healthy) teeth are going to drop out before I'm 30 and there's nothing I can do about it. I'll going to be a PROPER toothless old bat!! With dentures!!!

Oh god - can you imagine. :yikes: What a gross thought.

My teeth are getting really crushed and the ortho man said I should get 4 teeth out - I see why - my 2 front teeth are slightly overlapping so I said to the denitst today I want to see ortho man because they are getting more crushed and I cant floss anymore :der: - I think ill get a brace now ill have a gap at the back

She said everyones teeth are that crushed

No they are not :angry: My mum has the same problem perfect teeth but too crushed she needed 2 out

I have holes in my teeth!!!!! And if she had of had it her way I would have left today with y rotting tooth and cavities - 6 months down the line = four rotted teeth

:tsk:

Oh yes and when she came back after my xray after complaining and saying i was being a time waster she was all nice and said my nerves was damaged and she said it would be "excruciating pain" she was nicer then :|

She said its prob been like that for over a year :der:

Maybe thats why I get my awful headaches Ive had since MArch thet make me feel really sick :hmm:

Oh yes, I don't trust my dentist. She charges me more than I have to pay. :angry: Ugh, and I have to see her on Monday.

I get free dental care b/c im in full time education - I think :hmm: I beeter - im a poor student. :| And I would cry having to fork out money for uncomfortable dental work

thanks zoney :| excuse me I read it this morning but in my state of delirium I didnt see it again :drool:

I shouldnt have had that double malibu and diet coke before coming home I am dying here I want painkillers - what happens if you drink and take painkillers exactly??

Thanks zoney :|

I dont need injections for my fillings (Next Thursday) I got one last time without injection but she said one cavity was "huge" (and she missed it???!!) so I might need injections for that - the injections dont make me drible anyway zoney I dont feel any differently - the dentist said i was a freak last time apparently I should feel like my mouth has swolloen :shrug:

Maybe after the tooth extraction though :hmm:

:hug: lara

if it helps, i would have opted to get the tooth pulled too....getting a tooth pulled is really rather painless once they numb you up.

bammo...i wear one of those plastic night guard things at nite too. i've grinded my teeth at night since i was a little kid.

everyone says when you get your mouthed numbed your lips feel all big or you mouth feels stranger- 4 injections and no change :| the dentist didnt think she had frozen it properly and kept topiing it up but I never got that feeling they were talking about :der:

last time i went to the dentist a few weeks ago, they were going to fill the cavity...before they realized my insurance had run out, they'd already given me the shot, so i had gone thru all that and gotten a numb mouth for nothing :lol: :tsk:

it was such a strange sensation when i drank some pepsi later that afternoon before the numbness wore off completely...i guess my tongue was partially numb too, cuz i couldn't feel or taste the soda in half of my mouth :crazy:

Last edited:
Oh no. Root canal's really, really hurt.

However, you proboably don't realize how much your mouth hurts because the pain came over time. Once you get it all fixed up your mouth will feel so good.

I hate going to the dentist, the noise, the taste... Yuck. But I love the feeling of clean smooth teeth.

you should find another dentist lara :angry:

I might have opted for the root canal because the idea of having a tooth pulled it absolutely terrifying to me :yikes: I've never had one pulled, but for some reason I think of it as being the same as having your fingernails pulled out :no:

bammo2 said:
I also have receding gums for no reason whatsoever. I brush my teeth properly with a good toothbrush, floss and use mouthwash. The dentist can see no reason for it - I have no gum infections, and I don't scrub away harshly at my gums when I brush my teeth.
i too have receding gums. i know why, though. for years i've sawed away at my gums. no one has told me any different! even my bitch dentist didn't tell me that could be the problem, she didn't even ask how i brushed or anything! i've switched dentists and to an electric toothbrush and i've found the problem has helped a lot. the electric one helps me control my impluse better to not saw and brush delicately in circular motions. i tried with my regular brush and couldn't do it.

however, i do know they have surgery to fix this sort of thing so you don't have to worry about your teeth falling out. you can just get the surgery and you'll be good to go. :)

gah, forgot to reply to the original. i can't believe she did that, it sounds a lot like my old dentist. that's why we switched, because she was all bitchy and stuff. she made my gums bleed so much after a routine cleaning they suggested i take some ibuprofen! i wanted to say, "i just had a routine cleaning, i shouldn't HAVE to take anything!"

plus they have a habit of telling my husband he's paid up his account completely to where he doesn't owe anything, then next month he gets a bill in the mail, magically owing another month. a year later and still paying for stupid dental work, especially when part of it is for a crown that took them like four times to put on right. they lapsed the appointments so long between the temporary and permanent crown placements, he had to keep coming in for emergencies when the temp one fell out! :mad:

i hate it when you ask for a simple x-ray and they act like it's a hassle. what was the big deal for her to do it? it's not like it's free, she'd get her money (from the government at least). it's not like you were some hypochondriac who comes in complaining of something every time, thinking your teeth are all rotting away in your head. you definitely ought to find a new dentist. :D

Back
Top Bottom