It's Official My gram thinks that i used to be fat!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adamswildhoney

ONE love, blood, life
Today when i walked out of the shower i had my U2 elevation baseball shirt with a pair of cute pants. Anywho my gram saw me and the first thing out of her mouth was "Kelly did that used to fit you better or has it always been big?" and so i started laughing. I tried to explain to her that the way she asked me was kinda of mean and she just said "you are a tough girl deal with it"

:lmao: Gah I love my gram!!!!

My grandma used to think Bono was so cute...she used to call me when she'd see him on TV to tell me he was on. :cute:

daisybean said:
My gramma once asked my sister (who was ultra skinny and could get away with wearing a spandex mini skirt in 1988), if girls like her wore underwear with outfits like that.

I have gramma issues :crack:

When I told my Gramma that I was pregnant with my second son, she said "I hope you do something so that doesn't happen again"...with this kind of face :tsk:

I don't know why she was mad...I was married at the time :scratch:

I've had gramma issues too Daisy :shrug:

Bono's American Wife said:

When I told my Gramma that I was pregnant with my second son, she said "I hope you do something so that doesn't happen again"...with this kind of face :tsk:

I don't know why she was mad...I was married at the time :scratch:

I've had gramma issues too Daisy :shrug:

awwww!!

My gramma says "Screw it" whenever you disagree with her:LOL:

I love it that im not the only one with gramma issues.

my Nan always mentions if we have gained weight or lost weight. But she's so polite she tries to say it nicely.

so all the grand-children have figured out her code.

Boy, you look VERY healthy = you have gained a lot of weight

you look sick = you have lost too much weight

sometimes she's very forward and will say....your bum is after gettin' some big, by!

My Great Granny told my Dad when my mum was pregnant with my brother it was time to "hand his gun in" and she was 80 at the time :ohmy: :laugh:

My Grannys hated Metallica for complaining about Napster but liked U2 cus they are "nice irish boys" Boys :lmao:

She never comments on our weight :shrug:

Last edited:
Oh speaking of music tastes for gramma:

*She cant stand MADDONA and even tells me that i shouldnt be listening to her. All bc she her "Like a Virgin" song

*She ONLY listens to irish music ie classical irish or chieftans but wont listen to Sinead O'Connor. Just recently got into U2 bc I told her that they were Irish :lol:

I didn't even realize this was old....

Anyway, both my nonna (Italian--mom's side) and my Grand,a (Slovenian--Dad's side) believe in the old school of thought that if you're not overweight, you must be sick. Needless to say, everytime we have a meal at one of their houses, I leave feeling completely stuffed and even guilty that I couldn't finish off more pie, fruit, pasta, ice cream, meat, vegetables, and bread.

My Grandparents are great, although my Nanna always insists on whispering 'so have you got a girlfriend?' in my ear whenever she sees me.

Old threads :up:

:lol: Betty, my Grandma does the same thing...only somewhat more casually...she never fails to mention, "Oh your mother and father met in high school. Oh you're in university now, you must have met your husband." :huh:

Back
Top Bottom