It's official: my creepy insect story tops yours

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joyfulgirl

Blue Crack Addict
So I just moved into a new place and in the middle of the first night I slept there I was awakened by my cat who was freaking out and knocking boxes over and stuff. So I turned on the light, rolled over in bed and there on the pillow next to me was a scorpion staring at me.

A scorpion. In my bed. On my pillow.

:|

joyfulgirl,

that is some crazy crazy ass shit.

All you have to do is put out some of those scorpion traps.

I have my annual summertime centipede story. :yikes:

Tuesday night, around 3:30am, I am awakened by Mia stretched out across me, with her front paws glued to my wall. I turn on the light to see what she's pawing so furiously at. Turns out there is a gigantic centipede about to crawl under my U2 Popmart poster. :censored: I gently moved her out of the way, killed it myself, then petted her and praised her for being mommy's guard cat. :cute:

You're gonna think Im nuts...but I would take a scorpion over an earwig any day. The totally freak me out...pinchers on their ass <shudder>

*naive aussie who only has killer spiders ahead*

Are all scorpions poisonous? They freak me out with their swishy taily bits and things. Eugh. And your centipedes? They're poisonous too? As well as freaky arsed with their 28 million legs.

Angela Harlem said:
*naive aussie who only has killer spiders ahead*

Are all scorpions poisonous? They freak me out with their swishy taily bits and things. Eugh. And your centipedes? They're poisonous too? As well as freaky arsed with their 28 million legs.

You're makin me itch here :(

swishy taily bits....28 million legs....The horror....

scorpions only sting when provoked.
the real beasts in our desert are rattlers.
but even they will warn you first.

I was eating a pistachio nut once, cracked it open, threw the nut in my mouth and realised the nut was already wet. Spit it into my hand and noticed a maggot was crawling on the nut. I totally freaked "I ate a maggot, I ate a maggot", then my little sis (7yrs old) came in the room and looked at me "why did you eat a magnet?" hehe.

MrBrau1 said:
I was eating a pistachio nut once, cracked it open, threw the nut in my mouth and realised the nut was already wet. Spit it into my hand and noticed a maggot was crawling on the nut. I totally freaked "I ate a maggot, I ate a maggot", then my little sis (7yrs old) came in the room and looked at me "why did you eat a magnet?" hehe.

<throws up>:barf:

It was actually my cat who saved me, too. If he hadn't knocked something over, I would not have discovered the scorpion. But like bonosgirl said, they only sting if provoked--but I could have accidentally provoked it by rolling over and touching it or something. It was the first time I'd ever seen one, but boy you know what they are when you see it. Normally I remove all such critters from my house in a tupperware bowl or something but this thing was not coming back inside so I ... yeah, I stepped on it until I heard a good crunch.

Angela, there is one variety that is really very poisonous to humans but probably not fatal. I don't know if this one was that one or not.

The good news is that scorpions prey on centipedes! Last year my cat woke me up (again) in the night and there was a huge freaking centipede on the floor....it was at least 6". It was too big to just step on so I caught it and took it outside and told it never to come near my house again. My friend had one crawl up his pajama leg during the night a few months ago. :no:

meegannie, that is...awful. That sounds like the equivalent of pouring salt on a slug.

lol at zoney... been there, done that

scorp_cut.jpg

image_other.jpg

Last edited:
joyfulgirl said:
I could have accidentally provoked it by rolling over and touching it or something.

it's true. it might have stung you if you'd squashed it.
i'm glad you're ok. and your cat, too.
thanks for the pics. ugly little beasts, aren't they?

Back
Top Bottom