It's Official # moving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is temporary.....

But it is a big life-change!

Champaign, Ill.

Yikes. But it is a good career move. Yikes.

I am so nervous.

Is it weird that I have told you guys before the majority of my friends here?

zonelistener said:

Is it weird that I have told you guys before the majority of my friends here?

your friendship network has obviously been turned upside down, inside out, then discombobulated and finally reoriented towards the Internet and more specifically Interference.

HELP HELP HELP HELP!!!!

UGH!

So, I got the "offer" today. And I don't know what to do. I wish we had a better idea on how long this war is going to last.

I would be taking a HUGE paycut. Especially considering I want to maintain my residence here in Minneapolis - but maybe it is not worth it. UGH.

So, a good chunck less pay, BUT, they will be paying for my rent in Illinois. So, do I give up my place in Minneapolis to equal out the pay and screw over my landlord/roommie (who just told me we will be going to a month-by-month set-up anyway) - or do I continue to pay for a place in Minneapolis? Hell, I could make the complete move - and then find out that the war is over. UGH UGH UGH.

I feel like it is an opportunity I shouldn't pass up. I don't have any management experience - and this would be a great chance to add that to my resume. I can see potential in this industry with a position like this too - as long as United Airlines/American Airlines do not implode.

Fuck. :scream: :scream:

These are weird life decisions at 30.

martha said:
Stay. Screw the paycut, not your roomie. You have too many good reasons to stay in Minneapolis.

WHOA - not the response i expected...I feel I will get screwed by the roomie soon anyway. She has been dating this guy for a long time - and they are getting up there in age (he is in his early 40s, she in her early 30s) where you might want to make a life long commitment thingy. So, I would be out pretty quick.

The jobworld in Minneapolis is not very good right now.

But, I still want opinions: stay or go??????

:scream: :no: :scream:

:huh: did you say pay cut? nevermind I heard the word HUGE too. :scratch: I dunno Zoney... what is this job all about that would make you want to take a pay cut and move somewhere new?

The jobworld is not good anywhere right now.

I don't think I understand this whole job deal anyway. :huh: So I can't make much of a recommendation. But I think if I were you I'd base my decsion on the job and not so much on your living arrangements. You can always talk things over with your roomie...maybe they won't mind it if you move out anyway.

But of course...I'd prefer it if you stay. :)

doofs - missed the point of that sentence - I expected that though... :lol:

They are getting to that stage in their relationship......anyway.

I spoke with my roomy - and she is pretty flexible. I realized that the paycut is a little less of a blow if I don't have to pay rent here or in Illinois (the company will pay for it). ho hum. Still thinking, but I think I am going to do it!!!!

Oh.
The job.

Station Manager. For the airline. Temporary due to the war.
Deployment after training.
Still able to travel to exoctic locations, but through Detroit instead of Minneapolis.

Why temporary? :der: What happens after the war? They say buh-bye to you? or place you elsewhere in the company?

Back
Top Bottom