It's Official :mad:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
So I get home today at the usual time (7pm) to find a message on my answering machine from 11:30am from the British Council about my scholarship. Apparently they haven't gotten one of my letters of recommendation, and if they don't have it by Friday, my application can't be considered. The letter was sent about a month ago, they've had my application for two weeks, and they just call me NOW to tell me this? Also, I had my work number on the application, but they called me at home which means I can't do anything about the situation until tomorrow. :mad: I have no idea how I'm supposed to get this letter to them by Friday since the person has to write a new one and send it to the Council, and he's probably going to be angry that he has to do that. I am SO pissed off right now. Why does nothing EVER go right for me? :scream: I know I'm not going to get the scholarship anyway because it's super-competitive, but I spent all that time on the application and not getting it in at the last minute, and now this happens. :sad:

At least I have a cool pengie screensaver now. :mad:

that sucks meggy. i'm sorry. :(

i agree with daisy. see if they will let you fax it and send an original after it. i'm sure your letter-writer will understand.

don't stress too much.

:hug:

And why do Pop-Tarts come packaged in twos? Thanks, I really needed to be reminded that boyfriend lives on a different continent and can't eat Pop-Tarts with me. :mad:

And why is the word "two" NOT spelled the way it's pronounced? :mad:

The problem is that they have to have the original and five copies by Friday to send to the reader people with the rest of my application. :(

:hug: meggy

here's some more penguins to cheer you up :heart:

computerpeng.gif

tn_penguins.gif

penguin_ride_md_wht.gif

polar2.gif

I cant believe that crap.

Dont worry meggy it will work out. :hug:

Get that letter and fed x it to them asap. :|

What a screw ball stuff up by them, to take so long to get back to you.

Frustrating as it is, get the letter rewritten. Hopefully the person who wrote it kept a copy, then courier it 'SAME DAY' and bugger the cost. That way you can always know you did everything you could to get this scholarship. Applications take so much effort, dont get disheartened now! You sound like you have worked very hard on it.
Dont let this set you back :hug:

Back
Top Bottom