It's Official #*Keep Jenn in England Campaign*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am a genious

I got it....
Let's auction Jenn to the highest English bidder...Sotheby's style.
She is like a fine piece of art, or, nevermind.

But, then we can have money and Jenn can have dual citizenship

The Absent One said:
Does Moontrimmer count as a 'man'? He bids 20p if he is!
:laugh:

Good plan, zoney!! We can fund summer festivals that way...;) Don't know that I'd get much money for ya though, sorry! 20p might get you all somewhere... ;)

OK -

I was going to bid more, but I couldn't get back to a computer last night. I need to stop relying on public computers.

But I want to RANT for a second:

Why can't Jenn find a date? Is the male gender THAT DUMB? What I mean is, why are they passing he up?

She is both physically and mentally beautiful. She is smart, has a great personality, like GREAT music and is VERY kind. I just don't see why you don't have like 18 boyfriends. Guys should be throwing themselves at you.

O.K. - done with my rant. Maybe it has something to do with the lack of quality out there from the male gender.

*is afraid that people might read into this - this is not a zoo confessional admitting I am in love with Jenn or have a crush on her, I am merely stating the obvious. Understand?

:hug: :sad: :eek: :hug: Awwww, zoney, you are so sweet!!! Making me cry over here...you totally made my day. Amusing sidenote to dumb guys - my Argentinian flatmate did say something to me in spanish today, then i asked what he said and he replied 'i was just saying how good looking you are' and i'm like :huh:, then he's like, 'i've been drinking', and i'm like, 'that explains a lot'. :rolleyes: You think you get a compliment, then it's shot down...anyway, you are the sweetest. :hug:

I think I appear standoffish (sp?) because I'm shy and all...or I bore guys by talking incessently about good music when they don't care. Don't need them anyway. :mad: Not done searching England yet though! :banghead: After all, I'm only 2...25.:crack:

Last edited:
hey - I am not drunk here - I speak the truth!

To be honest....when I met you guys last summer.....I did not think you were "standoffish." I can't say the same about Meegannie :ohmy:

I thought she hated me! Here was this person who is SO talkative and cool online - but hardly would say anything when I was there. I was kinda scared (sorry Megan......I know better now though zoney -> :reject: ). Man, if Jenn wasn't there, I think it would be like this:

* zoney trying to think of something to talk about
zoney: so, working in D.C. must be cool!?
Meegannie: meh.
*long silence while zoney comes up with another conversation

zoney: What do you think of this whole Iraq thing?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can tell Jenn is an awesome friend too, she takes care of Meegannie. Again, you are a pretty awesome person in my mind, Jenn.

You guys are AWESOME!

Re: hey - I am not drunk here - I speak the truth!

zonelistener said:
To be honest....when I met you guys last summer.....I did not think you were "standoffish." I can't say the same about Meegannie :ohmy:

I thought she hated me! Here was this person who is SO talkative and cool online - but hardly would say anything when I was there. I was kinda scared (sorry Megan......I know better now though zoney -> :reject: ). Man, if Jenn wasn't there, I think it would be like this:

* zoney trying to think of something to talk about
zoney: so, working in D.C. must be cool!?
*long silence while zoney comes up with another conversation

zoney: What do you think of this whole Iraq thing?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's true!!!!! :reject: I pity anyone from Interference who meets me!

meegannie said:
Um....we're both Americans and I alredy have a British fiance. Oh, and also, we aren't lesbians.

Actually, a same-sex relationship will keep you in the UK probably, thanks to more progressive politicians. However, since there are no marriage laws for same-sex couples, you can probably theoretically pretend to have a "serious lesbian relationship" and not actually have one. :huh:

Also, what do you do profession-wise? Have you considered going for another educational degree? You'll be able to extend your visa that way, that's for sure. Get a masters degree or a Ph.D.

Melon

Last edited:
Megan, you are great, you shouldn't 'pity' interferencers who meet you at all! Shyness can just be intimidating at times, I think - while I guess I have my social moments, I can be that way lots too, as you know... I think we must balance each other out. For instance, when I am struck with fear and unable to move, you chase down rock stars and get them to tell us all about their future trip to El Salvador. ;) (you HAVE to hear that athlete song, btw)

Melon, let's see...I"m already getting my masters now actually, and sadly funding for PhD's isn't exactly readily available here... :huh: I'm beginning the job-hunting process though, oh the joy...
I also thinK Megan's engagement would throw off a pretend 'serious lesbian relationship' ;)...and, both being American, it wouldn't really work. I still intend to find a nice British bloke anyway. :yes: ;) There are so many wonderful, single British rock stars, I don't know why they don't want me.... :shrug: ;)

ACROB@T said:

It can be complicated as well..and lately so frustrating
:( being shy yourself or on the receiving end? I guess both, really. Guess you have to trust in that 'the best things are those you have to work hard for' motto, or whatever that saying is...

It can be complicated as well..and lately so frustrating

:hug:

I'm REALLY nervous about making friends when I'm at Nottingham, and about hanging out with Sam's friends this summer. :sigh:

My shyness tends to either come off as standoffishness (oooh, I like that word!) or just awkwardness and I look like a freak. Sometimes I'll be talking to someone I've just met and they'll give me this certain look and I KNOW it's because they think I'm either :coocoo: or the world's biggest loser. I stumble over words and say things that don't even make sense and have to go back and clarify what I've said.... :scream: In meetings at work, I can tell sometimes the people I'm meeting with don't know what to do because I don't really say anything other than "mmm-hmm," "right," and "well, I'll talk to the boss about it" and I NEVER have any questions and look like :uhoh: the entire time.

Get me out of Australia...

I wanna get to England for a job there! :banghead:

As for shyness, I can have the same problem, mainly because I AM just as weird as I appear...or even more so! :D :huh:

I'm not normally shy, but lemme tell ya, shy people make me nervous. :huh:

I always feel like i'm totally boring them or they hate me. even though i know they're just shy.

Its a no-win situation.

I am really really shy and also you all should know a :reject: too!!

its really funny that you say shy people make you nervous, Ali Rose bc I have the complete opposite happen with me I get nervous around really open people bc I am afraid they will think I am boring:lol:

Originally posted by meegannie
I'm REALLY nervous about making friends when I'm at Nottingham, and about hanging out with Sam's friends this summer. :sigh:

My shyness tends to either come off as standoffishness (oooh, I like that word!) or just awkwardness and I look like a freak. Sometimes I'll be talking to someone I've just met and they'll give me this certain look and I KNOW it's because they think I'm either :coocoo: or the world's biggest loser

I think a very bad combination is when you make yourself fully aware of every word, and every movement your making when around others..over-analysing every detail can be incredibly uncomfortable in the long run. I know many people who are outgoing have that experience all the time as well but shyness is a great catalyst to make these experiences more amplified. You could just be talking to a new face at work and feel like your up for a job interview :|

I can imagine how daunting it must be at the moment with Nottingham coming up. I think it must be said that the majority of freshman are all in the same vote..even those who are very sociable and outgoing are going to be anxious about the weeks/months ahead so you'll all be sharing that to start with. I think you'll be fine Megan..it will be a good experience for you :hug:

ACROB@T said:

I think a very bad combination is when you make yourself fully aware of every word, and every movement your making when around others..over-analysing every detail can be incredibly uncomfortable in the long run. I know many people who are outgoing have that experience all the time as well but shyness is a great catalyst to make these experiences more amplified. You could just be talking to a new face at work and feel like your up for a job interview :|

That's EXACTLY what I do. It's not even new people, necessarily. I even get nervous around people I've worked with for two years. :reject:

I can imagine how daunting it must be at the moment with Nottingham coming up. I think it must be said that the majority of freshman are all in the same vote..even those who are very sociable and outgoing are going to be anxious about the weeks/months ahead so you'll all be sharing that to start with. I think you'll be fine Megan..it will be a good experience for you :hug:

Thanks. :) I'll be living in a flat with several other people, so at least I'll be forced to have some sort of social interaction! I'm excited about moving at all (and about going to classes again :der: ), but I'm nervous as well. Hopefully it'll all work out.

You and Jenn should come to Nottingham on your honeymoon. :sexywink: It would be inexpensive, at least!

It'll be great, Megan. :) The fact that you are living in a flat with other people is good - that's how I was forced to interact here at first. It's daunting, but after being in the working world for a couple years, you almost forget how much easier it is to talk to people and make friends in an academic situation...after the isolation of the situation we were in in DC (well, since we weren't fans of that whole scene! ;)), it'll be such a welcome atmosphere. And you do know people in the country :wave: if you are having a rough time at first. :)

:ohmy: at Jenn's new look, but :up: :)

:hmm: Maybe I should pimp Jenn to some blokes outside of London...or uh, my friend's husband's friends in Isle of Man. Eh, too far. Oh wait, my friend in Middlesex knows some available Englishmen. :hyper:

Don't put that beauty to waste!!! :shame:

dizzy said:
:ohmy: at Jenn's new look, but :up: :)

:hmm: Maybe I should pimp Jenn to some blokes outside of London...or uh, my friend's husband's friends in Isle of Man. Eh, too far. Oh wait, my friend in Middlesex knows some available Englishmen. :hyper:

Don't put that beauty to waste!!! :shame:
My hair is still straight, acutally. That was just from when i dressed up as a guitar and had my hair in all these twists...I had it posted somewhere on here.... Anyway, so wait, you know some englishmen? available ones?? :hyper: I'm all for being pimped out... :uhoh: ;)

Back
Top Bottom