It's Official # IO-VISIT Program

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
US-VISIT is a top priority for the I.O. Department of Forum Integrity because it

* Enhances the security of our citizens and visitors
* Facilitates legitimate posting and reading
* Ensures the integrity of our immigration system
* Protects the psychological well-being and brains of our visitors

US-VISIT is part of a continuum of security measures that begins in external forums and continues through a visitor’s arrival in and departure from the It's Official. It incorporates eligibility determinations made by both the Department of Forum Integrity and Meggie.

US-VISIT is helping us demonstrate that we remain a welcoming forum and that we can keep I.O.'s doors open and our forum secure.

How It Works

In many cases, IO-VISIT begins in other forums, in threads patrolled by I.O. regulars (and regulators), where visitors' posting habits and statistics (including journal entries and photographs) are collected and checked against a database of known forum criminals and suspected post whores. When the visitor arrives at the port of entry, we use the same data to verify the person at our port is the same person who has posted elsewhere.

What can I expect when I arrive in I.O.?

Once at the port of entry you will find that many of the procedures have changed and are completely unfamiliar to you. For example, an I.O. Customs and Border Protection Officer reviews your travel documents, such as a brain and propensity toward non-linear thought. The officer will ask you questions about your stay in I.O.

Why do we collect this information?

Using all these tools, the I.O. Customs and Border Protection Officer will then either admit you, conduct additional inquiries based on the verification results, or employ the use of a spork to eat your brains. These procedures reduce threads that could just as easily be posted in Lemonade Stand, duplicate threads, threads pertaining to a certain musical group, and the risk that PLEBAns will enter I.O. undetected or by using stolen or fraudulent documents.

jeff approved my latest rambling.
and meg, when i work for the australian govt, i wont forget you. i will influence great england somehow. yep.

come on guys, sell your souls.
:yes:

i think we should find some modern versions of everyone's anthems. like ours. which i shall post in a thread of it's own because i and it quite simply deserve the attention.
:grumpy:

philly, think outside the box for your passport. offer up something. or someone. sell your kidneys. bribe. you know. the usual ways of getting in and out of customs.
:shrug:

Angela Harlem said:

philly, think outside the box for your passport. offer up something. or someone. sell your kidneys. bribe. you know. the usual ways of getting in and out of customs.
:shrug:

or the old "oh shit, what's that guy over there doing?!" method that got me into countless Phils games at the Vet

Back
Top Bottom