it's official #i'm one messed up gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KhanadaRhodes

Paper Gods
Staff member
okay, so i went to the chiropractor today, for the first time. my mom's got a bone in her spine out of place, and she recommended i go because my back is always killing me. i went to get x-rays and such yesterday and came in today so i could go over them with the doctor, and start my therapy. so what's wrong with me? about everything! i've got upper back (neck and shoulder) pain and lower back pain. so this is what he found:

• a bone in my neck is out of place.
  • my neck curves at 37?. it's supposed to curve at 60?.
  • my hip is messed up. it's not aligned, the right side is 2 mm off.
  • a bone in my lower back spine is out of place

in addition to the pain i'm in, this could be the cause of my migraines, allergies, as well as - get this! - my endometriosis!! freaky. so i started my therapy today. i'm supposed to go three times a week for two months and he'll like realign my spine. i swear i heard so many bones pop it was really funny. just thought i would share. :D

:huh: wowza. Well.. I think you're right up there with my brother and all his broken bones :der:

:hug:

Angel said:
:laugh: :hug:

HelloAngel said:
:yikes: I hope you feel better really soon!!!! :hug:
thanks! :hug:

update: my back and shoulders were killing me later. oy!!! i can see why he said i'd need to ice the areas!! all in all i iced them three times! cuz you ice the areas for 15 mins. then you can ice them again after an hour. no heating pads. if you ice them longer, your body gets too cold and it kicks in and heats it up, and it negates the ice in the same way the heating pad would. heat inflames areas, and it needs to shrink, so that's why i have to ice. i don't mind though, i'm used to icing areas in pain after my wisdom teeth.

:laugh: i remember that first night. i wasn't in pain (i was still too doped up to care about anything!) but i kept tossing and turning, so every time i switched sides i'd switch the iced area. cuz you know, it's easier to ice the side that you're laying on, instead of vice versa.

anyway, i'm feeling better now that i iced up my back, neck, and shoulders and got off the computer for a few hours. i watched white oleander. :love: i have my next appointment tomorrow. if anything, i wanna hurry up and start to feel better so i won't be in pain when i work. my dad found a possible job for me as a typist type dude. i certainly couldn't do that if my back was still in pain. but it's like $11-13 an hour (i've never made more than $7.50 so that would make me feel like a millionaire) so i could suffer. as long as i use my special cushion i'll be getting tuesday, i'll be fine! :wave:

Hope you're feeling better soon Khan :hug:

I've been seeing chiropractors for almost 15 years now, thankfully one of our high school friends is now a DC and he is giving us free care while I'm getting through school! I'm going to owe him big time and help him out with his cats once I graduate :yes:

bonosloveslave said:
I've been seeing chiropractors for almost 15 years now, thankfully one of our high school friends is now a DC and he is giving us free care while I'm getting through school! I'm going to owe him big time and help him out with his cats once I graduate :yes:
oy!!! i wish i was being seen for free. :laugh: i get a half off discount because my mom referred me (how's that for cool?) and after insurance, i STILL ower $156 for every twelve visits. i figure that's like a month, so this'll put me out like $300 since i go for two months.

thanks everyone. :hug: :wave: my back is feeling better today, esp. since my mom didn't wake me up for my appointment this morning. :mad: :laugh: oh well.

Back
Top Bottom