It's Official - I'm going to my first Madonna concert!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wow! I went to a show of Madonna in 2001 or 2002 and it was great -- especially her dancers... :drool: still dreaming about them at night ;)

Doozer and I saw Madonna together a looooong time ago. I think she slept through the whole thing :mad:

Please tell me it's not gonna be THAT boring. I'm hoping for lots of energy and disco ball flashing lights from madge. June 19th, united center, i'll be there!

Woohoo!!
I'm going to see her for the 1st time too!!
Wednesday evening, May 31st
:dance:

The first cassette tape I ever had (I must have been 9 or so), was a copy of the True Blue album, that a friend of mine made for me. And I remember I didn't like it at first. Because "Borderline" wasn't on it!! And that song was my favorite Madonna song.

one4u2, if you have the patience to wait till the last minute, then look on Ebay or craigslist.
People are desperately trying to get some of the money back that they paid for the tickets.
Which varies from $750 for a pair of the most expensive ones (floor seats) - $135 for a pair of the cheapest.

I've been living in the US for 5 years now, but when it comes to money I'm still totally Dutch!
A cheap skate.

Any way, I checked on ticketmaster to see if a pair of the cheapest tickets would come up.
No problem at all.

So I figure I can take the chance to find better seats for the same price (max. $135) or same seats for a lower price elsewhere.

There were no pairs for $135 to be seen on craigslist (yet).
Prices on Ebay were looking a bit better.

Then I thought, that's even better, 'cause if I get scammed, at least on Ebay I'll have buyer protection and can file a claim.

And what do you know, with a couple of rules in the back of my head (max. what I would have paid for the cheapest pair on ticketmaster $135, seller with a good reputation 100%, no E-tickets or ticketFast-but hard ticket, photo of actual tickets on the auction page, no local pick up, front view would be nice, but side or behind stage are OK too), I sort of out of the blue, won an auction. I really didn't think I was going to win. I was expecting to be outbid, but all of a sudden it said: Youve won the item! (really lucky. Although I must admit that day and end of auction might have been a factor)

Any way, so I ended up with lover level seats, behind the stage (more like at the side of it though, since there's no-one sitting in the sections that are really behind the stage).
I've always wondered how the view would be from there.
And now I get to experience it!
Best part is that I paid $105 for a pair and when I looked on ticketmaster, I found out that similar tickets cost $363 for the pair.
So no matter what, I'm :happy: already.

Probably if I had waited and walked around outside the pavillion on the day itself, I could have gotten even cheaper tickets.

O well, having security/certainty has it's price too.

And I'm not too fond of the uncertainty factor.
Or too good at approaching or negotiating people.
Don't feel like dealing with scalpers either.
Although I think there will be a lot of decent/normal people about trying to get rid of their tickets.

I feel really bad for those who are taking a big hit.
Can you imagine having bought tickets for $750 and selling them for $400/$300 or less.
Ouch!!!
That must hurt the wallet.

Lucky you for finding a ticket on e-bay that's cheaper than ticketmaster! There are some crazy high prices on e-bay and stubb hub.

My ticket is pretty good; I'm still keeping my eye out for a better one though. Sometimes TM will release some really good seats closer to the show date.

Back
Top Bottom