It's Official # i'm (almost) an adult now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dandy

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
i am officially the proud new lessee of a fabulous downtown apartment! a respectable grown up apartment--no more student dives and roommates for me. sweet freedom!

:up:

a few salacious details to make you all green with envy:

hardwood floors
antique porcelain clawfoot tub
my own kitchen
my own bathroom
my own Internet connection
my own telly and remote control

:drool:

i'll be so happy to live all by my bad self, i'll never want to live with anyone else ever again!

:hyper:

:applaud:

wow Dandy ! I'm happy for you ! it sounds really nice ! I'm looking for a flat too, and I hope mine will be as well equipped as yours !

BTW, where is it ?

looking for flats is a bitch. i was lucky, mine fell into my lap because my best friend used to live there before she got married and had kids and all that stuff. good luck, marie--i hope you find a place you love.

i'm in eastern canada, in new brunswick. i hate the city i live in, but it will be much more bearable when i move.

my flat is in the perrrrrfect spot downtown. five minute walk to work, the market, my favourite indian and thai restaurants, the walking path along the river...

Congrats on the new flat!

I'm just now in the process of searching for my first real estate purchase! It's quite a bit of work, but I hope to be moving into a new condo in the next few months and enjoying the newfound freedom of financial independence, no roommates, and getting to decorate a space of my own for the first time!

You're lucky you live in NB. Finding a place like that in downtown Toronto would set you back some serious mooolah.

My greatest fear about going back to school next year is having disgusting roommates. I'm absolutely not sharing any kind of accomodations with undergrads, even under the threat of death. :mad:

Dandy, it seems the invite to yuor housewarming was lost in the mail. :scratch:
:sad:

So you better at least post pics. We want a pictorial of your first night, your first dinner, your tv, your toilet, your bedroom, your shower accesories, your...

calm down, anna--i don't even have the keys yet!

:wink:

there will definitely be piccies once i'm settled and arranged and home decor-ed out and all that fun stuff.

dandy said:
i am officially the proud new lessee of a fabulous downtown apartment! a respectable grown up apartment--no more student dives and roommates for me. sweet freedom!

hardwood floors
my own kitchen
my own bathroom

i'll be so happy to live all by my bad self, i'll never want to live with anyone else ever again!

dandy said:

hardwood floors
my own kitchen
my own bathroom

Wow, that's great!
I would love to see a picture of that tub. :drool:

:)

i'm mostly looking forward to having the place stay clean until i mess it up. and if i do make a mess, it will be my fault. not having to tell anyone where i'm going, no noisy roommates with stupid boyfriends, no people living above me (top floor!)....

oh, did i mention that there's a european bakery downstairs? they make handmade chocolates.

Right, Dandy, can you please clone your apartment and send it to me? I'm househunting myself and I want your place (with the European bakery :drool: ) Congratulations!

dandy said:
:)

i'm mostly looking forward to having the place stay clean until i mess it up. and if i do make a mess, it will be my fault. not having to tell anyone where i'm going, no noisy roommates with stupid boyfriends, no people living above me (top floor!)....

oh, did i mention that there's a european bakery downstairs? they make handmade chocolates.

European bakeries RULE :drool:

i'm not going to be able to fit my arse out my front door by the time christmas arrives, between the pastries and german chocolate cakes and my absolute favourite dark chocolate raspberry mousse cake... no worries about me starving to death, that's for sure.

Tom :hug:

i would love to live in the netherlands.

australia would be fun too, but i don't know how i'd handle all those crazy snakes and crocodiles and (most ominous of all) the Huntsman spiders. you aussies are brave folks.

:crack:

dandy said:
i'm not going to be able to fit my arse out my front door by the time christmas arrives, between the pastries and german chocolate cakes and my absolute favourite dark chocolate raspberry mousse cake... no worries about me starving to death, that's for sure.

Arses that fit out of front doors :down:

Pastries and chocolate :up:

Back
Top Bottom