It's Official #I screwed the computer company

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lilly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
so i got a huuuuuge virus which completely corrupted my computer. i had to call to get speical disks to repair it.

they ended up updating my computer so now it's like BRAND NEW!! :hyper:

take THAT corporate america

Cool. I bet you wouldnt be this excited if it happened to your home computer :laugh:

what did they update it to? my mom's computer crashed somehow and was ressurected like that but it got windows 2000 or whatever it's called, and i hate hate. it's like it's always doing something (opening and closing programs i don't see or know about) without telling me...

hey lilly!!

my b-day is june 5th??

when is yours?!?!?!

I love Windows 2000. I have it on my home computer. Its one of the best operating systems by far. I dont have to reboot my computer for weeks. It never freezes or crashes. I leave it on all the time.

Maybe there's a different problem with yours IWasBored.

my mom probably did something wierd to it...bad things usually happen when she uses the computer...

if i had a choice, i wouldn't have updated to windows 98 :shrug:

:no: windows 98 :no:

This pos at work has winblows 98 and it freezes at least twice a day!! Illegal Operations :crack: Reboot Reboot ABORT ABORT!! :banghead:

Lilly said:
uhh...it IS my home computer.

Why would "they" pay to completely upgrade your personal computer? And didnt you lose all your data? I'd be pissed right about now.

I bought a new computer last summer and it has windowsXP. I thought it sucked ass at first and wanted windows 2000 back but ever since I got DSL everythings been cool :)

Ok.. the company that you got your computer from paid for the upgrade? :crack:

*thinks I'm getting it now*

yes, and i never save stuff to my hardrive that i actually need.

so all i really lost was music files i don't listen to anymore.

but i got like really updated software :up:

Sicy said:
This pos at work has winblows 98 and it freezes at least twice a day!! Illegal Operations :crack: Reboot Reboot ABORT ABORT!! :banghead:
hey! that happened to my work computer too!

i just wish they'd never released it. either windows 95, 00, me, or xp.

i liked 95...i have huge problems with 98...i was blaming it on kazaa, but those problems didn't seem to go away when kazaa did, and i didn't have problems for a while when i had kazaa...

i don't know. computers are evil. but i have to pretend they're my friends to visit interference and talk to my best friend who lives 70 miles away and never visits...

LOL...Windows 95 was terrible. The problem with the 9x/ME family was that they really were all service packs of Windows 95. That's really why I love Windows NT 4.0/2000/XP. They are all fairly different, and any major updates are done in service packs.

Windows 98 was important because of USB 1.1 support, which Windows 95 did not have native support for, and for major stability updates. Windows 98 SE is a completely greedy waste of time, and ME is laughable.

Melon

let's just put it this way: my xp comp hardly ever crashes. in fact, the only time it's crashed recently is when i play this one mp3 on winamp. maybe it's trying to tell me something about my musical tastes? :hmm:

I have 98se at the crib. I refuse to change, but I think my puter needs a fresh load and I may upgrade.

It is just a pain in the ass to reload the then re-add all the shit I have on there. I am going to keep it clean though. My ex-roomate was all about loading shit on it and it is all jacked up and slow as hell. I just made a decision. I am going to do it this weekend. The weather will be ass anyway so might as well.

HAHAHAHA

I don't even care about this thread because I use OS X and it rocks!

(Now if I could only get some software to run on it....)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom