it's official #I GOT A JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thanks guys! :D

i seriously cannot believe how lucky i am to get this. it is the PERFECT job for me and i basically got it on accident. i still can barely believe it. :faint:

i was just about to run out of unemployment (three weeks left :crazy: ) and earlier this week i kind of freaked out because i didn't know how i was going to make ends meet and make rent. it was not a pretty site. my friend recommended putting my resume in at the catholic and private schools around the area for their substitute teacher list. some of these schools don't require their subs to have a teaching certificate (i'm not sure if this is a good thing but oh well.) anyway, there is this really swanky private school DIRECTLY ACROSS THE STREET. :sick: i figured, what the hell, and i went over there to check it out on wednesday afternoon. i didn't know it, but i was actually talking to the principal. she said they required teaching certificates for their subs (go figure. LOL.) but took my resume anyway and said she'd check it out.

so yesterday morning she calls me and asks me to come over this morning and bring writing samples, etc. i went over, and i am telling you, this job is absolutely everything i could possibly want. i know after my last job at the investment firm that i am just not a corporate person. i was really afraid i was going to have to take something i had no interest in but i was willing to do it anyway because i was really running out of time. but now i don't have to! holding out for the right job actually worked! omc i still can't believe it. :crack:

i will be working on various publications for the school, building their website, and helping out with events, fundraising, etc. it's a little of everything.

the school is absolutely incredible and everyone was so cool. i actually got called in to meet with them again two hours after my first interview. the whole time i'm talking to them i'm just praying in my head that i would get it. i can honestly say that after the kabillion interviews and job searches i've done in the last months, this one was beyond my expectations. i just know it's going to be the perfect fit. it's the only time i could completely see myself doing the job and liking it. and i really feel it will be rewarding.

i am going to LOVE it. :happy: :heart:

thanks to all of you lovely interferencers who have been so supporting and encouraging. you have no idea how much i appreciate it.

:wave:

Wow!! I am so happy for you!!! :hyper: :hug: :heart: After all this time you deserve to have a job you are happy with!

Back
Top Bottom