It's Official #I can't take care of myself

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
I have a really bad sore throat and feel all fevery and achey and indecisive and don't know whether I should force myself to walk into town today for medicine after the shops are open, or to wait until tomorrow morning when I have to go out anyway to the library and then to class. I don't have anything here apart from tea, and I'm drinking my last pint of fruit juice now. Actually, I think I have Strepsils somewhere but that it's it. :huh: I guess I'll call the health care place tomorrow and make an appointment to see a doctor so maybe I can find out why I'm sick all the time, even though I'm scared that despite NHS coverage, I'll have to pay for something. :yikes:health care:yikes: I'm delerious. :dance:

I really got depressed when I read " I'm drinking my last pint"
but then cheered up when I noticed you were talking about fruit juice instead of beer

silver lining :D

indeedly do :D

this thread was about meggie being sick though

I suggest lots of tea :up:

I know angie would support that idea,
but her therapist just called so she can't come online

Hope you're better soon too, bammo. :hug:

I have an awful headache and haven't been able to stay away for more than 30 minutes all day, which isn't good since I have reading to do for class tomorrow. :down: I wish there were someplace close by that's open 24 hours and sold aspirin. :sigh:

:hug: meggie :hug:

i hope you feel better soon

zinc lozenges may help...the zinc boosts your immune system, at least they always seem to help me. cold eeze is a good brand...they also make a zinc gum too that is cinnamon flavor and tastes really good. i don't know what other brands y'all might have over there. gotta be careful to take it on a full stomach tho or it can make you a little queezy (er is that spelled right? :shrug: :der: )

if you're not feeling good you shouldn't go to class. just stay in bed if you can...well after you go to the health care place.

I actually do have one piece of advise
(I really know near to nothing about being sick
I haven't had a fever for over 20 years
yes, I'm a freak :D)

do make sure that you eat a proper meal
you prolly don't feel like it
but your body needs it

:)hmm: that might explain why I don't get sick
I always eat)

sick :down: :hug: feel better!!!
NHS though...:up: You'll have to pay for medicine, but it's like 6 or 7 pounds from what i remember...a virtual bargain compared to what allergy medicine is here someimtes...

anyway, feel loads better. :)

bingy has a message:

ei lik yur draewen butte yu shud sho mor sken!! :sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom