ITS OFFICIAL # I can get a CAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
My landlord just told me they changed the rules and now we can have cats and small dogs!!!! :hyper: :hyper: I am so friggin hyper right now I cant even concentrate on my work at all :no: :lol: They charge a one-time deposit though.. but I dont care.. I'll pay. It's 100% refundable as long as there's no damage to the apartment. I have ALWAYS wanted a cat of my own ever since I moved out of my parents house, most of you know this. OMG I WANT TO GO RIGHT NOW AND GET ONE!! I must wait till at least after Vegas.. I dont want to leave a new kitty alone for 4 days :der: What should I do??? Get a kitten?? :cute: !!!! I am so friggin happy :sick:

:dance: :hyper: :dance:

YAY!!!! I am so happy for you that is great!!!!! Get a kitty they are soooo adorable!!!!

:cute:

OMG, that's awesome Sicy!!!!

My advice - get an adult cat, everyone goes right for the kittens but they aren't little for very long - there are so many nice adults out there given up by people who end up having allergies :(

Actually I agree with bonosloveslave. At least with an adult cat too, you'll know what kind of personality you are getting.

:hyper: That is SOOOOOOO great! I can't wait until I can have pets again! I'm so happy for you! :hug:

I agree with bls....you won't have to worry about as many medical expenses either because it will most likely already have been spayed or neutered and have all its shots. :)

YAY Sicy :hug:

I agree...while I'd probably be very tempted myself to get a kitten, bonosloveslave does make a very good point that there are lots of neglected adult cats out there that get passed over for the kittens

Gah I want a kitten SO bad... they are so adorable. I'm afraid of getting an adult cat because what if they dont adjust right to my apt or me. Little ones you can kind of train because they're with you right from the beginning and they will grow to love you.. do I even know what I'm talking about?? :lol: I am way too excited right now.. I'm already looking on the humane society's website :drool:

I will probly just go there and do the whole process where they match you up with a cat that's right for you. GOD I JUST WANT A LITTLE TINY KITTEN SO BAD THOUGH. Who knows if I'll ever get the opportunity again.

Cats usually adapt pretty well, and the humane society people should be able to tell you what to do to help the cat adjust. After all, they've had to adjust to living in the shelter, which is much worse than your apartment! :crazy:

YAY SICY!!! I'm so happy for you! :up:

I can see where everybody is coming from with wanting sicy to get an adult cat and it makes alot of sense but the thing you have to remember is that sicy just went through the process of having her cat put to sleep this year and we don't want her to have to go through something like that again for a long, long time. Animals live such relatively short lives compared to ours and you want to be able to spend as much of that life with them as you can. I definitely think you should wait till you get back from vegas to get the kitty though.

Ultimately the decision is up to you Sicy. Choose the cat that moves you.

Sicy - you'd really be amazed at what's out there, I worked at a humane society for 2 years and some of the cats that would come through were unbelievable, couldn't imagine how anyone could possibly give them up, they were so sweet. One was there for a few weeks and he was actually rubbing the fur off of his face from walking along the cage bars and rubbing his face on it when people were in the room. At most humane societies you can go and visit anytime to just play with the kittens, to get your fix - just a thought :shrug:

*I'm not saying to look for the oldest one there, I know what you've gone through recently - but sheesh, cats are living to be so old, 16 years is almost as good as 18 years :(

Last edited:
:hyper: ooohhhh get a little baby! I love little tiny kitties that fit in your hand :love:

I want one too...stinkin' pet hating landlords :madspit:

YAYAYAYAYAYAY FOR KITTIES!!

i'm so happy for you. you must be about to combust. :hyper:

we want pics as soon as you get him/her.

:hug:

:lol: sis!!

I know what will probly happen.. I will go to the shelter, and a full grown cat will make me fall in love with it and I will take it home :|

If I get an adult cat I at least want it to be 1 year old or so... relatively young. GOD BUT I WANT A TINY LITTLE KITTY SO BAD.

I feel like this right now :hyper: :crazy: :combust: :laugh:

Man.. I will be thinking about this hard for the next few weeks, that's for sure.

:heart: :cute: :love:

they're frolicking :D

kitties.jpg

Sicy said:
Gah I want a kitten SO bad... they are so adorable. I'm afraid of getting an adult cat because what if they dont adjust right to my apt or me. Little ones you can kind of train because they're with you right from the beginning and they will grow to love you.. do I even know what I'm talking about?? :lol: I am way too excited right now.. I'm already looking on the humane society's website :drool:

I will probly just go there and do the whole process where they match you up with a cat that's right for you. GOD I JUST WANT A LITTLE TINY KITTEN SO BAD THOUGH. Who knows if I'll ever get the opportunity again.

I used to volunteer at our local Humane Society. I think that is an excellent start to find a kitten. There are so many that need a warm and loving person. Keep us updated on your seach.

You will have so much fun. I had an adult cat for a couple of years untill last year. Either someone stole her or ran over her. I searched for months and still to this day look for her. My apartment complex changed the rules also, and shortly after, she disappeared. I'm not saying there was foul play, it's just weird.
She had tags and vet info, the works. I even had a deposit which the complex gave back just a bit too, quick. sniff" anyway the rules want let me have another but it sure would have helped if I could have. I'm a really good cat person. One day, when I do decide to move, it will be to a place where I can have a cat or two. I will have a kitten and maybe an adult, too. I just love the playfulness of kittens. Congrats..I'm :happy: for you..

Last edited:
i :heart: kittumz. you should get two. :cute: :cute:

i was supposed to pay a deposit in my apartment to be able to keep my cat too, but i never did. she is an outlaw.

i am so happy for you.

:lol: omg no way can I get two ! :crack: One is a handful enough!!

I cant wait I cant wait I cant wait :hyper:

Its all I can think about right now!!! My landlord just got a small dog :laugh: and so did another tenant.. jeez they move quick.. the new rules just came out yesterday!

BAW those kitties ... :drool:

I will definatly get one from a shelter though.. that already has shots and spayed and all that :D:D

aaww sicy, im happy for you!:) get a lil kitty from a humane society thats where i got psycho from, he was just a little baby. i'll have to find a pic of him and post it if i can. thats so cool:)

sue4u2 said:
You will have so much fun. I had an adult cat for a couple of years untill last year. Either someone stole her or ran over her. I searched for months and still to this day look for her. My apartment complex changed the rules also, and shortly after, she disappeared. I'm not saying there was foul play, it's just weird.
She had tags and vet info, the works. I even had a deposit which the complex gave back just a bit too, quick. sniff" anyway the rules want let me have another but it sure would have helped if I could have. I'm a really good cat person. One day, when I do decide to move, it will be to a place where I can have a cat or two. I will have a kitten and maybe an adult, too. I just love the playfulness of kittens. Congrats..I'm :happy: for you..

That is so sad.. I was just reading this again. :sad: :hug:

Landlords :madspit:

I found out that it was actually the landlords daughter that convinced the building owner to change the rules. I gave her a big hug today when I got home :heart:

Back
Top Bottom