It's official - I am LOVING The Dead's One cover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wolfeden

Refugee
calm down, cold resides with me. I flee to decembe
now this is coming from a long time 'head, okay, and yeah I went to Grateful Dead shows as a teenager and danced myself oblivious, and yeah I cut out of work to go to Jerry's memorial on the Amherst MA. town common, what seems like half a lifetime ago now...

but man I am SOOOOO DIGGING THIIIIIIISSSSS..

man, i hope people don't thumb their nose at the Dead here....though tainted by a the reputation of their fan base - which only seems to have gotten its bad rep after they grew to stadium sized popularity (post 87, although, it should go unsaid that not everyone after this time was a "dirty dreaded hippy moocher"), and the end years of uninspired, unlistenable concerts put on just to keep the caravan moving - there is at its core foundation, one of the most positive, open-minded musical experiences you will find in the history of music. This is no hyperbole. I have been introduced to so many new types of music that i never would have discovered on my own if it wasnt for the Dead. It taught me to listen without judgement, and to seek out the music that is not afraid to bare its soul. And, as corny as it may seem, the core values of the fanbase helped me to judge things less outside the world of music. If you have seen the demographics and variety of different people at a Dead show, you would have a hard time, and a less fulfilling time, in that environment if you tried to hold on to any stereotypes.

Now that is a run-on fuckin' sentence!

and oh yeah, if any of this sounds familar, its because U2 is the same way. 2 of the most positive forces in rock - U2 and the Dead...yeehaw!

Last edited:
that's hooooooorrrrrrrible
walton_170_020428.jpg

Ummm ... we're not ripping on the dead ... it's just that we usually don't have serious discussions about U2 or other forms of music in these parts ... in fact, unless you're discussing :adam:, talking about U2 is kind of taboo and will cause others to mock you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom