it's official #holy crap we're being watched.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I want to point out one more thing....

Yesterday and today, I believe, are very rare instances... being listed on Google News main page... but it does lend a huge compliment to our community.. showing that U2 fans are very current, worldly, and perhaps even a newsworthy bunch ;)

Well, yeah, that's what a screen name is all about, right? I don't use my real name around here. I did put my e-mail addy in an autism thread but I didn't worry about that, that was so someone could e-mail me. I didn't get all sorts of crazy e-mails. But I'm glad I know it's possible for all of these non-members to come in, I'll definitely be more conscious about it.

Elvis said:
I want to point out one more thing....

Yesterday and today, I believe, are very rare instances... being listed on Google News main page... but it does lend a huge compliment to our community.. showing that U2 fans are very current, worldly, and perhaps even a newsworthy bunch ;)

Elvis Lives.
icon_notworthy.gif

it's just so odd - because i just trust interference so much, it is my home. i forget non-users can look on too (though i never put out *too* much info).

it is a compliment, but i still like being little ol' interference.

exactly, it was just a massive reality check when you see the number of guests increase on the board. i know that this is the internet and it is very public. i have become too comfortable in this place, i know better now and will watch what i post. oh well for those lurkers who know me: hi :wave: i feel famous now. lol :sexywink:

Elvis :bow:

I think people overracted just a little bit here.

In all honesty, I think people are gonna click a news link to here, read the story and go back, not wander around the forum wondering what Lilly and Iris are wearing today.

Someone once said (I almost think it was BC) that if you don't want certain things on the front page of your newpaper, don't put it on the internet. Or something like that.

:shifty:

:wave: yeah, i guess reality checks are good from time to time...after posting here for a while, i think we slide into such a comfort zone...

Re: I'm feeling evil today

daisybean said:
Two of my stupid threads again.

Ahhh, who cares. I know I offer too much information here, but I don't post my last name, I don't post my addres, phone # or anything of that nature.

I sometimes venture into other forums, see some pictures people posted, but leave within minutes, because I don't know any of them, so am not interested. That's what the majority of people out there do I am sure. The ones that are interested will sign up then, and get to know us, and possibly become one of us.
There is a small majority of bad people out there. You just have to be careful and use common sense.

I refuse to live in a world believing I can't trust anyone. No thx.

Sopranos star's pay talks 'dead'
BBC - 4 hours ago
Television bosses say work on series five of The Sopranos is in peril after the breakdown of pay negotiations with the show's star, James Gandolfini.
Is this the end for The Sopranos ? Interference.com
`Sopranos' star Gandolfini seeks offer he can't refuse Akron Beacon Journal
Newark Star Ledger - Zap2it.com - New York Daily News - Melbourne Herald Sun - and 227 related ?

zonelistener said:
People should stop posting news stories as threads - or something. Hopefully "my balls" won't be googled.

It's based on an algorithm that Google created - so some threads are picked at random.. but they do follows a specific formula. :shrug:

Re: Re: I'm feeling evil today

Angel said:

Two of my stupid threads again.

Ahhh, who cares. I know I offer too much information here, but I don't post my last name, I don't post my addres, phone # or anything of that nature.

I sometimes venture into other forums, see some pictures people posted, but leave within minutes, because I don't know any of them, so am not interested. That's what the majority of people out there do I am sure. The ones that are interested will sign up then, and get to know us, and possibly become one of us.
There is a small majority of bad people out there. You just have to be careful and use common sense.

I refuse to live in a world believing I can't trust anyone. No thx.

I agree with you here. But I also think that if the traffic continues to increase it may eventually be worth it to keep certain Forums open to registered members only. This is something for Elvis to decide, of course. Elvis is right that the internet is open and available to all, but those of us who are Members of this forum chose to do so in order to be a part of a U2 community. Is it necessary for guests who have come here for news to have access to the entire forum? Hopefully some of these new guests are U2 fans and decide to join us. :)

Re: I was wondering about "helloAngel's" last name as the editor of the news....

zonelistener said:
I was wondering about "helloAngel's" last name as the editor of the news....

Math:banghead:

Actually... that is NOT my last name. And I edit Interference.com as a site as well. How I identify myself outside of Interference is much different than how I identify myself as Editor.

Re: Re: I was wondering about "helloAngel's" last name as the editor of the news....

HelloAngel said:

Actually... that is NOT my last name. And I edit Interference.com as a site as well. How I identify myself outside of Interference is much different than how I identify myself as Editor.

I know.........I saw the last name - and said "wait....I thought HelloAngel was doing Interference.com......" :der:

Re: Re: Re: I was wondering about "helloAngel's" last name as the editor of the news....

zonelistener said:

I know.........I saw the last name - and said "wait....I thought HelloAngel was doing Interference.com......" :der:

Gotcha. From a journalistic standpoint, I use my editor name for our featured content.. and HA when I post news. :lol: :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom