It's Official #Government inefficiency

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
Can I just say that the Library of Congress is one of THE most unorganized places in the world? THREE times now, I've requested books from there and they've called me telling me they've lost them somewhere. :huh: Also, they don't have half the books I want. That is just wrong and inexcusable. They should have everything and know where it is. BASTARDS. :mad:

I'm not sophisticated or smart enough to go to places like the Library of Congress.

I get pissed off when the videos are messed up at Blockbuster though.

I only buy books. :D It's a thing. If I read it, I must own it. I :heart: books.

I buy books I like, but sometimes I want to read a book, even if I know I won't like it. :huh: That's when I use the LoC. Or when I can't find a book or it's just come out in hardcover and is $40. But half the time, they don't have them, or they've lost them somewhere. That's where I plan to get the next Harry Potter book when it comes out. :mac:

There's snow outside.

"Federal agencies in the Washington, DC, area are OPEN; employees are expected to report for work on time." :mad:

STUPID GOVERNMENT!

*starts revolution

now, this revolution......it's not going to involve blood and stuff is it? Cause, I don't think I can handle that, but otherwise........yeah, count me in.

Monkeys, lemurs, pengies, they're all in.

We're just going to go steal all the books and reorganize them.

One time I actually got into the secret special collection area that no one is allowed into except for authorized people with special clearance because I was lost and someone held the door open for me because they thought I worked there. Then I got in this tiny secret elevator with weird floor numbers like B23 and C45 and ended up in a room with old dusty books and I was like :eek: and ran away before they could arrest me.

secret old library rooms. :ohmy: :drool:

i'll bet it was neato in there. but i wouldn't want to get arrested either. that would suck.

Yeah, the LoC is super retarded restrictive for such an unorganized place. The public has to get library cards to go in the reading room and then they have to tell the librarian what books they want, and the librarian goes to get them. Congressional staff can borrow books and request them online and have them delivered to us, but they never have the most obvious books.

I had one for over $50 in college because I always had to do interlibrary loans because our library had nothing and they charged for postage. :mad: I never paid.

It's not worth it, dizzy. I would go to the library in Silver Spring, but it's kind of hike and it's open like two hours on the weekends. :slant:

Back
Top Bottom