It's Official #Getting Desperate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Should I Submit My Resume To The Sex Shop?

• Yes - Work Is Work!

Votes: 20 66.7%
  • No - You Can't Work At A Place Like That!

Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
I'm getting SO desperate for another job.

An "adult novelty" and lingerie store is hiring.

:|

Should I apply?

Last edited:
Why not :shrug:

If its not totally sleazy or in a bad area. My friend used to work at Condomania :eeklaugh:

My friend worked at Ambiance for several years. Even her friends got discounts. She liked it, but everyone there would always ask her opinion on everything...it's not like she could make her way through all the 'toys'.

Oh funny Ambiance story...one time some friends and I went to meet her after work. After she locked up, we were all standing around outside, chatting, in front of the store. These guys kept driving up the strip outside, and each time they passed us, they would yell out, "Whores!". Since when did spicing up your sex life equate with being a whore? Apparently those guys weren't getting any.

Actually...I read an article about how this one town did not want a "sex store" in town. One person was quoted saying "Prostitution will rise, because where there is a sex store, there are prostitutes."

Last edited:
I couldn't sell insurance, what makes me think I can sell dildos?

I don't know if I can bring myself to apply. :der: :laugh: :reject:

zonelistener said:
Actually...I read an article about how this one town did not want a "sex store" in town. One person was quoted saying "Prostitution will rise, because where there is a sex store, there are prostitutes."
was it cordova (suburb of memphis), tennessee? cuz that sure sounds like a lot of the shit people were saying when the adult store opened up here. it's a small chain, there's one or two others in various parts, but the first here in the 'burbs. it's next to a decent liquor store (decent meaning you won't find any panhandlers or drunks loitering outside). they did everything they could to get it shut down, but it's still here!

i'm thinking of seeing if they're hiring, because it's not like i'd get hassled there or anything. thanks for reminding me, bonochick.

p.s.: apply. :flirt:

In the street where they sold my school uniform it was surrounded by those types of shops :| And you would spot all the men walking out with brown paper bags or Easons bags :shrug:

I say go for it - work is work :up:

The name of it though, that would be a good talking point on a CV :shifty:

Bonochick said:
I couldn't sell insurance, what makes me think I can sell dildos?

hehe...I think they pretty much sell themselves :laugh:

Most people just want to get in and get out, already knowing what they want to buy...er, not that I'd know anything about that :eek: :reject:

:lmao:

I hate it when my dad says "dildo"...I don't like hearing that word come from his mouth. :|

Luckily, the occasion for him to say it doesn't come up often.

suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure bonochick.

this may belong in zc, but since it's silly it can go in io. anyway, i always call dido dildo. i mean it's not my fault! it's her fault for going by that damn nickname (i remember reading it's a nickname). if she doesn't want me calling her dildo then she should go by something else.

A local "gentlemen's club" is hiring "entertainers".

Dad said I wouldn't earn any money doing that. :mad: :laugh:

Bono's American Wife said:

Most people just want to get in and get out...

BAW, this just struck me as funny for some reason...I guess I'm just in a weird mood tonite :eek: :uhoh: :lmao: :silent: :censored: :flirt: :lol:

BC, if you think it's a job that you might enjoy, then go ahead and apply, there's nothing wrong with it....but if it makes you feel uncomfortable even applying then you probably wouldn't enjoy working there, even if it was entertaining...don't do it just cuz it's a job :hug:

I just found out that the store next to 4-Playz is called the Butt Hut (it's a tobacco place). :der: :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom