It's Official #flights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
I found a flight to London on May 31st for $207!! :eek: I have to get a student ID made first, though, and I can't do it until Saturday because they close at 5:30! :scream:

Need. Ticket. Now. :crack:

Jesus. I dont understand that at all.

When I checked for flights from California to Vegas I came up with $200 round trip for one person :angry:

sicy, that's cheap we're just not used to it. do you fly out of san jose airport? cos that is EXPENSIVE! i've looked at flights from there to omaha and the cheapest is like $300. it's nuts how prices shift so greatly from airport to airport.

sometimes its cheaper to fly from one of the main airports...i checked for my local airport and its around 100 bucks for me just going one way to ontario, ca from vegas. but if i go from vegas to lax, then its like 68 bucks. eh...

that's the same way here. it's cheaper to fly out of nashville or little rock (they both run about the same, so you can pick) than here in memphis. why? because northwest practically has a monopoly here.

we have three terminals: A, B, and C, A and B are JUST for northwest flights. C is for everything else: delta, united airlines, etc.

This is through STA, the student travel guys or whatever, that's why it's so cheap.

From what I've heard, it's REALLY easy to get an international student ID card made by them. I know someone who made up a birthday and pretended to be a student in Canada so she'd have a fake ID. :der:

I have the ticket on hold now! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

thats so cool...

i've been checking out priceline.com, and they let you offer the price of the tickets...and i've been playing around with it, putting in different countries and whatnot, and they usually give it to me! lol. but they wont tell you the times, how many times you have to connect and the layover will be til AFTER you buy the tickets.

so far i've found a round trip tixs to las vegas from my local airport for 62.50! i sooo want that but i dont know what time they'll make me leave and depart:angry: and thats the only sucky part. like what if they gave me something for 6am to depart, and so forth...aahhh decisions!

:| You guys have it so easy. Here in Canada we have one major airline that monopolizes everything when flying domestically. There are a handfull of other discount airlines where you buy the tickets online, but they don't go everywhere in Canada and I live on an Island so I am stranded all the time. :crack: I almost always have to take the boat to Vancouver and then leave from YVR. Wastes a whole day and costs $$$

I can't wait to live in Montreal.

Last edited:
costumed-smiley-009.gif

my ticket to Vegas was $361...two weeks ago it was $256...I coulda gone to Europe for cheaper :banghead:

NORTHWORST

KhanadaRhodes said:
that's the same way here. it's cheaper to fly out of nashville or little rock (they both run about the same, so you can pick) than here in memphis. why? because northwest practically has a monopoly here.

we have three terminals: A, B, and C, A and B are JUST for northwest flights. C is for everything else: delta, united airlines, etc.

Northworst has an even BIGGER hold on our airport in MSP - 85% of all flights. I mean, it is alright for me, because it doens't cost me much working for their Airlink, but still pisses me off as a consumer:mad: :mad: :mad:

ima guuna go to an cee my bruvers dey mis me an i mis dem :sad:

im gona liv wit moonrtimmer an wee wel slepe in a shoo bocks

zonelistener said:
Northworst has an even BIGGER hold on our airport in MSP - 85% of all flights. I mean, it is alright for me, because it doens't cost me much working for their Airlink, but still pisses me off as a consumer:mad: :mad: :mad:
oy!! i know, it sucks. it cost us like $200 to fly from memphis to atlanta. it was like an hour flight! i know they can't charge next to nothing just cuz it's not that long, because they still have to pay the pilots and attendants, but still. i used to pay that much to fly from orlando to baltimore!

another thing that ticks me off is, memphis is a big city. we're in the top 25. we're the manufacturing capitol of america. the fed ex hub is here. and our airport is HOW SMALL?! i swear to god, it's so small and shitty. i was blown away when we landed in atlanta cuz it was so cool looking. i liked the orlando airport too though i haven't seen it in years so it's not fair to compare.

I almost flew into John Wayne this coming weekend

The Memphis airport isn't that bad! It reminds me of a smaller Newark (designed by the same guy).

Atlanta is the biggest Airport in the country (by passenger volume I think). I was not that impressed with it.

Denver has a kick-ass airport. The best, if you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom