It's official #excel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
i hate excel. i'm trying to do a mail merge with a letter typed in word. i've never done a mail merge all by myself before but i think i'd finally gotten it figured out but there was one thing i needed to correct after i got it done. now i think i'm going to have to go back and do it again because it won't open the original merged file.

:angry: :mad: :banghead:

salome is probably going to kill me for saying i hate excel :uhoh: :reject: :lol:

ok, anyone who knows excel... :help:

i have merged all the different addresses to the letter successfully except one. the address is canadian. all the others are american. the canadian postal code is showing up as zero because it starts with a T instead of a number. how do i fix this one letter?

:angry:

:YAY: i figured the letters out :hyper:

now i just gotta figure out the labels :angry:

aren't you proud of me tho salome...i figured it out all by myself :wink:

excel rocks.

must say though i like the dearly departed clarisworks, only cuz that's what i learned to do everything on. appleworks is almost identical though so everything's coo. i really should get a mac cuz i honestly do know how to work those better! fancy that!

i dont know what a mail merge is and I dont really like excel either

You gotta love me :|

I dont really think I know what excel is either actually.... is it like a programme like windows where you have word processing and database things and the like

Oh wow I am so smart :rolleyes:

Lara Mullen said:
i dont know what a mail merge is and I dont really like excel either

You gotta love me :|

a mail merge is when you have one letter but you want to send it to a whole bunch of different addresses. rather than puttinig each address on each letter manually, the mail merge will take the one letter and put the addresses on it automatically. well, almost automatically after trying to figure out the setup and feeling like you're :banghead: :crazy: :lmao:

thats a smasrt idea

I dont think ll ever need to do something like that and I like to make things complicated for myself :up: :laugh: I would do it manually

Lara Mullen said:
I would do it manually

you'd think twice about doing it manually if it was a list of 100 or more names and addresses that were already typed out :lol:

although the one i did today was relatively small with only 50 something names and addresses.

i wouldnt send them in that case :up:

And hope I wouldnt get in trouble :reject:

:heart: Excel :heart:

I totally kicked ass when I had my Excel class.

It's been over 2 years though...I wonder how out of practice I am. :reject: I swear, by the time I find a job, all of my skills will be forgotten. :lol:

I had an excel class in 10th grade, so I used to know it really well. That was 5 years ago and I haven't used it since, so I'm sure I don't remember any of it.

Bonochick said:
It's been over 2 years though...I wonder how out of practice I am. :reject: I swear, by the time I find a job, all of my skills will be forgotten. :lol:
oh, believe me, it doesn't matter. i've applied for office jobs and i took all sorts of tests to see how competant i was. well, i'd see my results and i was great, especially for excel. never once heard back for any of these places.

Back
Top Bottom