it's official # ebay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
I opened an ebay account yesterday. I haven't seen anything I like except *cough* *cough* loose rubies, rings and other such objects I don't need.:reject: :help: :banghead: :evil: :censored:

i too love ebay. i've used it in the past few months to buy charms for my bracelet, but other than that i've been avoiding that site. if i go, i'll spend all my money. at least then i'd have a bracelet full of charms! :huh:

i also buy singles and stuff of bands, since it's hard to find records. i prefer the 12" versions cuz they've got more goodies. but i've not bought any of those in over a year.

Fortunately for my bank account I'm a really picky shopper! I haven't seen a single clothing item I like on ebay. My taste runs towards ethnic styles and imports. I have a wonderful Pakistani salwar kameez that has gorgeous sequined and beaded embroidery on it. I got it from an Islamic clothing dealer. I do like these, uh, rings and loose stones...........

Mr. BAW said:
Okay, I'm your high bidder on two....

Our 16 year old is a action buff; the movies are for him!!!

Mr. BAW :love:

Thank you for your business :wink:

When I tell my parents what I did on ebay today I'll probably get, uh, probably what I deserve. What *am* I going to do with these gemstones? Wear them!
So shameless. :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

From a financial standpoint, its probably the worlds largest open vault - ID's, credit card numbers, addresses, bank accounts...a Welcome mat for any cunning thief...

At the same time, I've really scored some great deals from honest sellers...I bought a $599 set of Taylor Made golf clubs last year for $399. I sold a hard to find Minolta SLR 35mm for $320.

BAW and I have cleaned our closests out and sold items ranging from cents to a leather Notre Dame University jacket that went for two hundred dollars ...

go ahead, Salome, try it....! :wink:

Last edited:
No they dont .. read the descriptions :angry:

I bought a $300 speaker for $150.

I sold a beanie baby for $70.

I :heart: ebay

KhanadaRhodes said:
i would love to look for a diamond ring but i'm scared

Hints on what to do - #1 check the sellers feedbacks!

#2 During that check, click on items, past and current, to see what he has sold or what he has to sell (just how many diamonds is this guy selling)

#3 - contact past buyers; you can email other purchasers through ebay. Are they happy, is the quality of the item legit and as advertised, did they get delivery as promisedl, if unhappy, did they get a refund or a runaround.

#4 - check on the seller himself (what has he bought within recent weeks) what type of guy are you dealing with...

#5 - make sure of what type of payment is required - I typically stay away from anyone who will not take Paypal - if a check is demanded, I will get a money order or cashiers check - I don't want anyone having my personal account #'s.

#6 - Shipping price - make sure that the shipping matches the item. Weight, priority, 3 to 4 week ground?

My only negative feedback came from when I first started; I bought two burned CD's; the guy was going to charge me $8.00 shipping for two CD's that he claimed were mailed separately and with priority delivery. I tried to negotiate that shipping price but the seller pleaded that the cost was out of his control. It took two weeks to get that purchase delivered; both CD's were packed as one and the envelope was stamped 49 cents. That's where most sellers make their money off you. I fed him a negative feedback and he gave me a revenge negative; that's usually what happens.

Last, read the fine, fine print...has the shipping price been quoted; is it for priority delivery or 2 to 3 week UPS; of all the things I do, for something that's pricey, I insist on writing to past buyers to get their impressions of the seller; then I will proceed with the purchase or move on..

A word of caution; I bought BAW a sapphire ring several years ago for around $50; I took it to our jeweler, the guy who did our wedding rings; he said that while the sapphire might be worth $50 it wasn't much more than that...it was scratched, it was a lesser quality stone that the layman couldn't detect...Good luck!

Last edited:
KhanadaRhodes said:
i would love to look for a diamond ring but i'm scared

I have seen some nice diamond rings on ebay. I'm sure you could find a nice one. Like Mr. BAW says be careful about the people you buy from.

llllllllllol... hey I got good feedback :wink:

Dont worry I'm about to leave you the best feedback you've ever gotten :macdevil: :D

ebay is the best thing since sliced bread
i'm yet to have any problems and i've brought

A mini disc player, 2 tickets to Matchbox 20 and just the other day a 160 GB hard drive for half the price i would have paid in australia
and i've sold a couple of old playstation games a while back too

ebay = :up:

Last edited:
Sicy said:
llllllllllol... hey I got good feedback :wink:

Dont worry I'm about to leave you the best feedback you've ever gotten :macdevil: :D

Now that scares me because I am the KING of feedback slang////

How about =

I am the best ebayer you ever dealt with! :lol:

:up:

Now get ur butt to the post office!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom