It's Official - DIVE!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nbcrusader

Blue Crack Addict
More from the swim meet. It was a hot October day in So Cal!

33898%3A4%3B23232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2328%3D55%3B%3D37%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2323458595297ot1lsi

God do I ever love swimming

seriously...there are few things I enjoy more than going to a lake or a river and swimming

Basstrap said:

seriously...there are few things I enjoy more than going to a lake or a river and swimming

I prefer swimming in a pool because I do not want to touch fish or other creatures in the water with my feet ...

I wish I had more "formal" training for swimming.

My dad was a HS swim coach before my time, but he never worked me or my sister. He was on the road too much as I grew up. BUT, you all do not need to hear my sob stories.

Cheers to you Mr. NB Crusader!

no no...swimming pools are boring. You dive down and ther's nothing...and they're too warm.
a nice refreshing swim in a lake...dive down to explore the underworld.
even swim across the lake!

back home...there used to be this log floating just off shore that we'd swim out to and dive off

Just by coincidence I just got back from swimming at a local pool. I'm doing it for physical therapy for this damned sciatica. It feels good!!

i was on a swim team for a little while, but i wasn't very good and never went to any meets.

I like to swim in either a pool or the ocean. :drool: ocean. I would freak out if a plant touched me, that's why i can't swim in lakes.

I gotta tell ya, I'm not sure if I'm watching your son or you!!!

Is this your child closest to the camera? Swimming is great but he should be playing football!!!!

How old is he and does USC know about him yet??? I've got connections with the Trojans don't forget!! :yes:

He is turning 9 in November - but he stands with the 10 & 11 year olds. Fairly solid build as well. In January, he wants to start water polo at CDM.

Don't worry, USC football is still in his sights (though he is really at home in the water).

Screw college football....there is WAY more to gain for a youngster sticking with swimming (and water polo)! He could potentially get a college education, continue to be active in the sport after college, and will be able to walk when he is on his 40s.

Swimming :up:
NBCrusader :up:

Out of curiosity nbc, is your son right handed?

I adore swimming too. Never got really good at any stroke except backstroke and I will forever be indebted to Mrs Cameron (my history teacher of all people :lol: ) who taught me to dive aged 13.

:heart: Mrs Cameron

:D

Yes, he is right handed.

I've been working with him on throwing with both hands. We will stand a few yards apart and toss a soccer ball back and forth, alternating hands. It may come in handy when playing water polo.

Back
Top Bottom