It's Official... Direct Deposit just ain't as fun.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
I've held out for almost two years, but finally last week I went over to the business office and signed myself up for Direct Deposit... and today was the first Direct Deposit payday, and while the convenience of not having to go to the bank is nice, i guess... there was just somethin' about going to the bank and having them give you money. Now that thrill is gone :sad:

But on a bonus, I can now end my record streak of never taking a sick day on payday :up:

It's a lot more fun if you don't have to worry about funds availability or getting your check on time. I had DD for six years (when I was employed, of course), and I spent less of my money as a result.

(Brought to by your resident Interference.com banker :wink: )

Melon

I refuse to do direct deposit. I like getting my check and handling it myself. At one of my jobs, I'm the only one without it...they all love it. :shrug:

I LOOOVE DD & miss it sorely! My current boss is too cheap to bother - mostly 'cuz it means he'd need to make sure the payroll deposit was in earlier. That, and he's old as Methusaleh - still refuses to get a postage meter in the office, 'cuz he doesn't like the upstart costs/monthly fee. Yet he's perfectly OK wasting gas to go to the Post Office, wasting postage by having to use more stamps than you really need, and wasting our time having to constantly remind him we're out of stamps - AGAIN. (He'll only buy 100 1st class stamps at a time - and that lasts us about 1 week.) :down: :madspit:

Any who - yeah, Direct Depost - it rocks! Way to go, Headache! :yes:

Working for a bank, I haven't held a paycheck in my hands for over 22 years!
I never have cash either :lmao: I would die without checks or a check card. :yikes:

I still dig picking up my checks after I sell pictures at a show. After all it's an excuse for, uh, the excursion to the bakery. Can you say "caramel cake"?

Back
Top Bottom