It's Official, Christmas is coming!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

is it too early for Xmas in the shops

• yes

Votes: 19 46.3%
  • no

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • don't care

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • I hate when people spell it Xmas!!

Votes: 13 31.7%

• Total voters
cinnaminson said:
In two days I'm going to a store to set up for Christmas. :eek:

There will be decorations for you to buy, trees, baubles, flashy lights, diy crafts, all singing all dancing Santa's. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . IT'S ONLY SEPTEMBER:mad:

I don't think I can stand 3 and a half months of it. I lurve Chrissy more than most, think novelty t-shirts, flashy earrings but not this much, aaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhh:scream: :no:

ooooh, posted my very first poll

let me know if you get black tinsel. i :censored: hate xmas.

UberBeaver said:
1 & 4.

Let's keep the "Winter" in "Christmas" people. It's friggin summer still. There's still fall to get through. Plus, Christmas music gets on my nerves real quick.
QFT.

I hate christmas anyway, it's all too fake.... why be nice to eachother for one day in a year? why not try to be less of a bitch for the rest of the year?

i used to love christmas.... but each year, they put up the decorations in stores and start the music too early that by the time the holiday actually rolls around... i'm just plain sick of it and can in no way gain the xmas cheer.

i drive around and see The Christmas Tree Shops department store all year round. i'm sure they don't sell xmas stuff all year round, but to have to see "christmas tree" all the time. geesh!

<-- scrooge.

U2isthebest said:

Good old WNIC is all Christmas all the time from November 1st on.

I think that's the station our alarm is on. Ah, so many mornings of being awaken by jolly Christmas tunes. :D

Bonochick said:

I think that's the station our alarm is on. Ah, so many mornings of being awaken by jolly Christmas tunes. :D

That's why I use the alarm on my cell phone!:lol:

You will NOT catch me tuning into 100.3 in my car on the Day Of Doom, otherwise known as November 1st.:shifty:

We just opened up our Trim Dept. today at the Dept Store I work at.........:heart:
I can get frustrated with set up and the games that seemingly get played every year ( same game, different year), but I would miss doing it if it was taken away. It is a month of processing and gridding ornaments and fluffing trees and making displays and figuring out a floor plan. By the end of the month the merchandise is practically falling out onto the selling floor from sheer volume.
It is then 5 days of actually putting it together. To see it all come together as a dept. is such a amazing thing.
All the hours and hard work.
Yes we have some customers complain about how early we set up (we even had one customer wish one of our visual team members would fall off her ladder one year~ :mad: ). As things pulled together this year, we heard fewer and fewer complaints and customers actually began to ask when we were officially opening. That tells me that it could be a pretty good year for us.

All that being said I have to add that I am one of those people that likes shopping in year around Christmas stores.

Starting a thread about Christmas in September to discuss how early stores setup for Christmas is fairly ironic, but mostly irritating as fuck.

cinnaminson said:
Christmas is the only time of year you can get away with silly clothes and tinsel in your hair.:happy:
Might be the only time of the year for you :wink:
*Proceeds to don retardedly brightly colored jacket*

Tesco have set up their Christmas food/selection box section next door to the bbq and back to school stand. I think they've forgotten about Halloween :sad:

cinnaminson said:
In two days I'm going to a store to set up for Christmas. :eek:

There will be decorations for you to buy, trees, baubles, flashy lights, diy crafts, all singing all dancing Santa's. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . IT'S ONLY SEPTEMBER:mad:

I don't think I can stand 3 and a half months of it. I lurve Chrissy more than most, think novelty t-shirts, flashy earrings but not this much, aaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhh:scream: :no:

ooooh, posted my very first poll

O........M..........G are you serious?????? a stores ALREADY set up for Christmas....and it's not a christmas specialty store thats up all year round?????!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is completly in sane. I guess it's true......every year Christmas does come earlier and earlier and eventually we will be celebrating in July!

qotsavt3.jpg

qotsa2yi9.jpg

With just 92 days to go, now's the time to order your Christmas sweaters! :hyper:

Christmas used to mean the world to me. Until I was deceived by mince pies and icing sugar for snow on the floor of the living room. My mother and father still have so much to answer for.

Back
Top Bottom