It's Official #California

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cleasai said:
I may visit the Bay area this summer to visit my evil ex *shiver*

:no: my evil ex husband lives in downtown san francisco.

sometimes i do miss california, i lived there all my life. i've only been in the las vegas area for two years. all of california is great. there's san diego with it's beaches and sea world...disneyland and knott's berry farm in los angeles. hollywood, burbank, griffith park and the observatory. newport, hunnington, redondo beach pier. santa barbara with all it's charm, san juan capistrano with it's mission and swallows. morro bay with that big rock. monterey with it's sea otters and steinbeck. san simeon with hearst's zebras still grazing by the sea. san francisco, one of the greatest cities in the world. then up into those beautiful tiny towns like petaluma and cambria. then finally, the forest meets the ocean, with mighty redwoods that make you feel so small. but oh, the smell of them...

it may be time for a road trip. my best friend lives in that redwood forest. :hmm:

Last edited:
moon_is_playing_tricks said:

and exactly when and where will that be? :D

let me know, OK? Maybe we can meet up or somethin'....

Moonie :D

yea! I am moving down there in Feb I think of next year but it could be sooner then that but at the same time later too!!:eyebrow: that didnt narrow it down did it :lol:

I've never been...it soooo far away. I'd like to visit...although I couldn't imagin eliving in a place that didn't have winter :|

(so says Ms. Perpetually Freezing here :wink: )

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
I couldn't imagine living in a place that didn't have winter :|

We have winter here! It's just a different kind of winter. :wink: Many parts of my lovely state get lots of snow, but mostly a California winter is cool and rainy, with some wonderful days of warmth sprinkled in for fun. It takes some getting used to, but we do have four seasons here; you just have to watch carefully for the changes and get to know them. And no, our seasons are not fire, flood and wind. It only seems like that sometimes. :|

martha said:

And no, our seasons are not fire, flood and wind. It only seems like that sometimes. :|

:lmao:

QUite a drastic change from my seasons: winter, more winter, even more winter, construction.

*adds Cali to "places to visit" list*

the bay area and the rest of Northern California are the only parts of California that i love. it is a beautiful country. i am happy that my brother and soon to be sister-in-law live there because they have given me a reason to see that part of the country. thanks to them i have been to San Jose, San Fran, Napa , Sonoma :drool:, Yosemite, Santa Cruz, gone skiing in the Sierras. :heart:

LA has yet to impress me. i am hoping that my trip there in July will change my views of So. Cal.

Last edited:
crikeys meggie!! :shocked: :lol:

sicy i've been there a few times but it's been two or three years. :uhoh: i like it lots. :love:

Sicy said:
Oh we have winter all right. Just not snow.

Rain :angry:

Yeah. rain and rain and then it's freakin' weird-ass 80 degrees the next, then suddenly it's raining again for the next four days, then it's windy, then it's a HOT wind, which start up the damn fires, then it cools down because this big ol' cold from from Alaska hits us BAM! with a blast of cold air and the whole thing starts over again.

Don't ask what the hell kind of weather today was. I was *NOT* happy working in the two freakin' downpours I got caught in while telling people, "you have to make a left at the light, make a left on Magic Way, and then another left at the light where the sign says 'Downtown Disney.'" Egads. It was cold and raining and my pants got wet, and then it was sunny enough to where I was able to dry off. Then, suddenly, I hear this WOOOOOOOOSSSSHHHHHHHHH sound and I look up in mid-sentence... I kid you not, a wall of rain was coming at me from across the parking lot. What the....?

Then more sun. and then yet another cloudburst and in the midst of all that, the sun is shining. No rainbow, though.

California has the freaky weather systems. And people from other states are really surprised when the go to Disneyland for a vacation in March and discover that it's raining four days straight. :shrug: That's just the way it is, I guess.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
the bay area and the rest of Northern California are the only parts of California that i love. it is a beautiful country. i am happy that my brother and soon to be sister-in-law live there because they have given me a reason to see that part of the country. thanks to them i have been to San Jose, San Fran, Napa , Sonoma :drool:, Yosemite, Santa Cruz, gone skiing in the Sierras. :heart:

LA has yet to impress me. i am hoping that my trip there in July will change my views of So. Cal.

I have driven the entire coast of California (Pacific Coast Highway turns into this snaking, winding road called California 1 - it's breathtakingly beautiful.) - I've driven the stretch of LA to San Diego more times than I can count and from San Diego into Mexico. I've also driven the 1 from Monterey to Crescent City - it took me 16 hours, but I did it. I didn't get to do what I really, really wanted: stop in the redwood forest and just look up at the trees. I did it last year. I visited my mom in Grant's Pass, OR and I took the road up through the Redwood National Forest on the way into Crescent City and parked my truck on the side of the road. Did you know there are benches tucked away from the road that you can sit on and marvel at the trees? :ohmy: <---- that's how I looked when I sat there, staring up at those trees.

I drove the coast of Oregon, visited the westernmost lighthouse in the United States, and ended up as far as Coos Bay. I love the ocean and can't live away from it. I just can't.

I think of all the cities I've visited along the coast, my two favorites are Monterey and Pismo Beach (just outside of San Luis Obispo).

Iris, I would love to take you out to see LA from a So-Cal girl's perspective. :D I'd take you to my favorite beach. *hint-hint-hint*

Last edited:
Okay...if Moonie takes Iris on a sightseeing trip around So. Cal, I'm inviting myself along :wave: :D

I'm in.

If the wizard is a wizard who will serve...

That is, I'm in if I'm in town. I'm heading to Cleveland in late July.

And when I said I like So Cal. :mad: I meant I like So Cal and I was miffed at the folks who didn't like it.

Back
Top Bottom