It's Official: AOL is cool :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FizzingWhizzbees

ONE love, blood, life
I know all the stereotype....aol sucks...aol users are all stupid, BUT...I LOVE AOL 8.0

This is so freaking cool - I have a cat background and when someone sends me an IM, my computer meows! And I have hippo smileys! And the whole thing just looks really prety...and I like pretty things, lol. :lol:

AOL is no better than an organized scam. The number of people that had their checking accounts billed unauthorized (during the so-called "free" period) and after they had cancelled it--months ago--is staggering. The kinds of stuff I had to deal with while working at a bank...

Melon

AOL can be referred to by any number of four letter words
EXcluding:
good
nice
fine
neat
deck
phat

melon said:
AOL is no better than an organized scam. The number of people that had their checking accounts billed unauthorized (during the so-called "free" period) and after they had cancelled it--months ago--is staggering. The kinds of stuff I had to deal with while working at a bank...

Melon

Actually Melon - this not true at all. Not saying that you do not have to deal with people giving you BS to do - but most of the time it is idiots not realizing that they have to cancel the account before their trial ends if they do not want to be charged for time after their trial ends.

When you sign up for a free trial on a checking account plan, the user is not billed until after the free trial period expires (this is the case with all new accounts). Also when on a checking account billing plan or a phone bill plan, the member has to call our customer service reps and confirm the account before it is activated or they can sign-on to the service.

If all the AOL haters realized the amount music related content we have on the service it might be a different story.

Last edited:
Re: Company man

zonelistener said:
*wonders what color AOL polo Digi is wearing today

LMAO

I do not buy any AOL propaganda from the corporate propaganda store.

the service works for some people and does not for others, plain and simple.

aol is evil, it fucks with your computer...if an im meowed i think i'd smash the speakers in an instant...

Haha...I didn't know we had an AOL employee here. :sexywink: People are stupid, but a lot of them complained that:

1) AOL charged them before their trial period ended, as they had no intention of actually paying for it. A lot of this came from people who bought new computers with free AOL on it for a limited time.

2) They contacted AOL by phone repeatedly, still being charged for the service later.

Of course, I'm sure a lot of these people have trouble turning on their computer, let alone deal with an online service, so who knows...

Melon

did you hear the anecdote about the guy who couldn't get sound from his pc and got the repair guy to try and fix his sound card but nothing worked? turns out the fellow forgot to turn the volume up his speakers. :lol:

melon said:
Haha...I didn't know we had an AOL employee here. :sexywink: People are stupid, but a lot of them complained that:

1) AOL charged them before their trial period ended, as they had no intention of actually paying for it. A lot of this came from people who bought new computers with free AOL on it for a limited time.

I would guess this boils down to the idiot factor.

2) They contacted AOL by phone repeatedly, still being charged for the service later.

This is a problem in my opion for sure. the customer service folks always want to keep people on the service - so when people call to cancel they sometimes give them free time. the user still does not want it and then once the billing starts again they are pissed. insane if you ask me.

Last edited:
It deals with the serivce a retention goals.
We created similar programs with the ISP I worked for - but we tried not to give away the service.

But, if they do not want the service - you HAVE to cancel it.

Illcomunication

aol's fine for me :wave:

only use it for emails tho, i hate the browser lol ;) and never tried the messenger thingy.

but i hate the fact that it doesnt provide an outgoing mail server for use with outlook express :slant:

Back
Top Bottom