it's official # an artist's nightmare

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
About an hour ago I accidentally stepped on a hugeass tube of acrylic paint and got a whole bunch of it on the floor! I got it off the floor, but I got a rather large white spot on my pants (which already had paint in them, they're my workpants), not to mention a large brown and yellow spot on my, uh, ass, because I got some of the wet paints from the pallet on me when I was getting up off of the floor. This has happened before, but I'm sorry, I'm really not in the mood for this s:censored:t right now. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Party Boy said:
Hey, doesnt every artist have paint splattered over them?!

Yeah. Yesterday I wore these same pants to the dentist. They said something about the paint on the pants and I said "it figures, I'm an artist". I'm currently having to dry the damn things so I can put them back on and get to work. Speaking of, uh, wardrobe malfunctions :evil: :evil: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Sometimes when I'm really on fire for a painting I'm *too* excited. I just finished "Frustration Street", which expresses how powerless and overwhelmed I felt because of the storm of negativity after the ticket fiasco. Oops, sorry that might have been breaking this forum's rules--I mentioned something U2-related! Horrors! When I'm too excited, that's when I have all of my accidents and screw-ups. I have practically flipped out with this Chagall adaptation, I started to work on it this morning before I even took my shower or got coffee! This is madness! I am totally addicted to art! Yeah, some of the things they say about artists are true! We are totally nuts! We're all on this wonderful forum because of four artistic geniuses from Dublin. Whew! Due to the family issues it'll be awhile before I get this stuff on my site. I've barely seen my father since Wednesday.

Last edited:
Thanks, my father is the scientist in the family, my mother--well, hell where did I get my artistic streak from? Why, of course my mother's totally crazy family. Her mother was a church organist, her aunt was in the church choir..........you get the idea. There is nothing boring about being in this family. I think my grandmother would be delighted to see me in a church, in fact, she's watching it. She was so disappointed when I left the church I was raised in. In some ways she was naive, as only a Southerner raised in the South can be. She always told me my best friends would be in the church. I think she was right, in my case. I didn't understand when I was younger, but now I think I do. I'm sure this wiill strike some people as absolutely nuts. That's OK too. The fact is, beggars can't be choosers.When every damn thing changes, and you can't count on a f:censored:g thing, you've got to have something permanent. That one permanent thing is God. Mods, I'm so sorry, i keep posting stuff that's supposed to be in ZC in the wrong forum.

Last edited:
:hug: verte. dont lose this passion you have will you. i know you're going through some crap right now, but look what it's doing to you. it's fuelling your work. they say artists need to have breakdowns to keep their inspiration flowing...which is crappy, but when you can't avoid your troubles and art is an addiction, you can only take full advantage of it.

ps i dont mean to imply you are having a breakdown lol. just that you need emotion, a strong emotion, to get that extra dimension in your work.
:hug:

I agree Angela. I do my best stuff when I'm depressed, not when I'm happy. I'm not talking about wanting to jump off of a cliff or anything really bad like that. Rather, these anxieties and frustration and stuff are being expressed visually. In fact, this stuff keeps me out of trouble, and then it all pays off, literally, when your stuff is put in the silent auction and it sells. To us, that means we did a really good piece, since only the best pieces get picked by the teachers for the silent auction.
Now if I can just avoid stepping on paint tubes.............:wink:

hahaha

*throws a full box of purple paint at verte76*

see, you also got it on your hair now :D :D :evil:

My nephew came in with his painter's pants on yesterday and I loved them. He has work shirts that look like very creative silk screened t-shirts, but they are just paint sprayer accidents.
Cool looking anyway.

You could probably get a lot for them on ebay. :giggle:
Hang in there verte :hug:

Hey verte, maybe all the emotional stuff your going through in life is your inspiration to paint - what better way to take something negative and take your frustrations out by painting something? I do it by writing - am not very good - but it seems to deflate any buildup of stress etc..

Back
Top Bottom