it's official # a travel book

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
I have a new book. It's written by a travel writer who's spent alot of time in Turkey and has written this book about his experiences there. It's interesting as heck.
*back to book*

Be sure not to mention the writer or the title of the book, you know, in case other people might want to read it. :lol:

DrTeeth said:
Be sure not to mention the writer or the title of the book, you know, in case other people might want to read it. :lol:

My thoughts exactly.........

But maybe that book is just sooooo distracting we shouldn't be able to read it or come near it..... This could be verte's way of protecting us :wink:

I get the idea........it's called "Bright Sun, Strong Tea", by a Massachusetts based travel wrilter, Tom Brosnahan. It starts with his days as a Peace Corps teacher of English in Turkey in the '60's and goes through a whole bunch of his adventures in the country. I ordered it from the guy's web site, he has a travel site that's all about traveling to Turkey. No, I haven't made my trip to Turkey yet. I've had a few healtlh issues which have made travel inadvisable, plus, no one really wants to go in the summer because it's infernally hot there in the summer, the whole Mediterranean is.

:uhoh: you're not mad at us now... are you, verte? We were just joking....well, I know I was for sure... :uhoh:

I think the book sounds really interesting and I'm sorry to hear your health has been bothering you.

No, I'm not mad. I felt like an idiot after reading the notes, I thought "that was real smart, not giving any concrete info about the book". The health issues have been a real pain in the ass. I think I'm over the worst of them.

verte76 said:
No, I'm not mad. I felt like an idiot after reading the notes, I thought "that was real smart, not giving any concrete info about the book". The health issues have been a real pain in the ass. I think I'm over the worst of them.

:hug:

Back
Top Bottom