It's Official # A Racoon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good idea! Keep it coming back! :happy:

Some squirrels broke into my parents' house over the summer. My mom still hasn't gotten over it.

Sicy said:
Harmless? No way.
If they feel threatened or cornered they can attack.
Have you seen their claws? :yikes:

Too true. I ended up with a hefty vet bill when my cat decided to stand his ground against a raccoon that was after his food. I don't feed the animals outside anymore.

LyricalDrug said:
Not to be alarmist, but be careful around raccoons - they often carry rabies.

Exactly. Whenever I hear about a rabies scare, it almost always involves a racoon. Racoons can be very dangerous to outside pets.

If animal control won't come, maybe look in the yellow pages for a trapper or pest control company that can trap the animal and release it somewhere else . . . far away :shifty:.

We used to get possums in our roof. My dad bought traps (metal cages that would trap the animal when it went to get the food bait). It didn't hurt the possum and my dad would take them to a wilderness area to release them. I'd let someone else handle the racoons though, because of rabies :yikes:

Last edited:
Racoons are serious business.
Keep yer cats away from it, they can get torn up to hell and back.

The only real experience I've had simlar to cat vs. racoon, battle of the century! would be two and a half foot tall rooster vs. tiny owl, battle of the other century!
The owl won by simply sitting there, my rooster was scared shitless.

Prehaps you should hire an owl to scare the racoon away, apparently they're quite menacing.

Last edited:
I cant really do anything because my 2 outside cats are feral cats, they have to stay outside, and only one of them lets me love her anyway. But from what I've seen the racoon is scared of the cat :lol:

Havent seen it since I started taking the food in at night :up:

Back
Top Bottom