It's Official #873

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
I'm heartbroken.
frown.gif

------------------
"I don't particularly like myth, but to me mystery is everything." --The Edge
"Left my sweet soul beneath the bedclothes/ I?m not coming down/ Walls have ears/ but no one hears/ when nobody?s around"--Starsailor

Originally posted by Salome:
that's not good

Tell me about it.
frown.gif

It's the stupid kind of heartbroken too! Bleh.

------------------
"Left my sweet soul beneath the bedclothes/ I?m not coming down/ Walls have ears/ but no one hears/ when nobody?s around"--Starsailor

Originally posted by Sicy:
KICK something.

I almost kicked someBODY last night at the Spiritualized/BRMC show. My broken heart + the obnoxiousness of the drunken, all taller than me crowd brought out the worst in me. Grrr.

------------------

Originally posted by meegannie:
I almost kicked someBODY last night at the Spiritualized/BRMC show. My broken heart + the obnoxiousness of the drunken, all taller than me crowd brought out the worst in me. Grrr.

But how was the show? I am going to see them next week!

Originally posted by zonelistener:
But how was the show? I am going to see them next week!

The show was great. BRMC are so rock n' roll. I love them with their black leather and fun hair. Oh, and when I was walking in and getting my ID checked, Nick (the drummer from BRMC) walked in, and the security guy yelled at him and said, "Hey, put your hand on the table! You have to get your hand stamped to get in." Nick was all confused and said, "I'm in the band." And the guy said, "Oh, yeah? Well, you don't have tags." So Nick started going through his wallet to show the guy his CA drivers license, and meanwhile, I was standing there thinking that maybe I should say, "I have a poster with him on it on my wall!" but I'm too shy and that could be construed as psychotic, so I didn't say anything, and another security person walked up a few seconds later and confirmed that he was indeed the drummer. It was mildly amusing.

Anyway, BRMC played about a 45 minute set(they have a beautiful bass. I don't know anything about basses, so I don't know what kind it was, but I want one!). Then Spiritualized came out and played for two and a half hours, without even pausing between songs. I had to leave before the encore (if they did one) to catch the last subway train, but they were really good. I recommend getting a set, though, if you can, or at least standing a little back for the show so you can walk around. It's a really lights-intensive show too, so it's easier to enjoy from further back. The crowd at the show I was at pushed me from the second row to the fourth row, so I finally got fed up and moved. The people in the back and upstairs were much mellower than the people up front. Anyway, Spiritualized opened with "Electricity" and played a lot of stuff off their "Ladies and Gentlemen...." album, including my favourites, "I Think I'm in Love" and "Come Together." I can't even remember what else they played because the set was so insanely long (but in a good way!).

------------------

Originally posted by zonelistener:
O.k. - I am going then next Wednesday - cheap tickets too!

Yeah, it's definitely worth the money!

------------------

I just saw them on Thursday in Atlanta.

I thought BRMC was wonderful. Very deep. I hadn't heard them before.

Spiritualized (whom I love) was good - but they have the propensity to do what seems like 15 minute jams at the end of songs that can get very boring and loud. I was kinda sad they didn't play "Stop Your Crying" or "Do It All Over Again" but I guess Spaceman doesn't enjoy playing more commercial bits on tour. *sigh*

Was good to see them, though.
biggrin.gif

------------------
ooh eee ooh ah ah ching chang walla walla bing bang.

Back
Top Bottom