IT'S OFFICIAL #661

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
I came home from work and school today to find my golden retriever Cody had been put to sleep today. My parents had taken him to the vet because he has been having a hard time just getting up and moving around...we thought maybe he had arthritis. Turns out that he had a huge tumor, and the tumor had burst, and Cody was filling up with blood. They had to have him put to sleep.

We've had Cody for over 11 years...we received him from a family who treated that poor, sweet dog like crap. Our black lab doesn't seem to know what exactly is going on, but he knows something is wrong, and he just looks like he's lost...it is so sad...even the cats are crying pitifully.
frown.gif

I want my doggie back...

Aww, sweetie! I'm so sorry to hear this!! I know how it feels--we had to do the same thing to the dog I grew up with when I was in high school. I wanted to be with him during, but I couldn't take it and ran out of the vet's office bawling. It'll take a little while, but you'll feel better. Just think that he isn't in pain anymore. I know, easier said than done...

{{{Bonochick}}}

------------------
You will believe in me
And I can never be ignored

I'm sorry to hear that Bonochick!

(((BonoChick)))

------------------
"Rhythm is the sex of music" - Edge

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Thanks, guys...I appreciate it...*hug*

Our dogs' vet loves our dogs so much...Dad said that the vet couldn't even give Cody the shot because she was crying so hard...she had her assistant do it.

I just can't believe he's gone...it was totally unexpected...I mean, I knew he was getting old and having some problems, but I didn't expect this to be the day he left us...
frown.gif

my thoughts are with you.
frown.gif

[This message has been edited by kobayashi (edited 01-23-2002).]

Oh man. That sucks. I was hoping your dog would be ok.

Hey, at least your dog isn't suffering anymore.
smile.gif
The last month must have been tough on him.

------------------
Look what you did, you little JERK!

Kevin! You're such a disease!

I feel sick to my stomach this morning...but I think my poor black lab Eddie may have figured out that his buddy isn't coming back. I let Eddie sleep in my bed last night (I had to help him up cuz he's getting too old to get up in bed by himself). He usually gets off of my bed early in the morning when Dad gets up though to go outside, but he must have never gotten up because it's after 10 in the morning, and he's still in my bed...so he never got up this morning. I asked him if he wanted to go outside, and he lifted up his head a little bit, looked at me, and plunked his head back down with a groan...
frown.gif

------------------
"Baby...can we still be friends?"

Poor Eddie, too. Dogs do understand loss. My dog howled the morning we lost one of our uncles. Hope you give each other comfort, Bonochick...

foray

Back
Top Bottom