IT'S OFFICIAL #451

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peaseblossom

War Child
I work too damn hard.

Job#1: Communications Officer. I actually put more that 40 hours of work in here each week. In fact- it's usually more like 50. This job is in the nonprofit sector, but I've worked my hinee off for 6 month and got a raise of $.30 and hour. There are currently no prospects for my salary to increase by any intelligible amount any time soon.

Job#2: Selling clothes in the mall on weekends. Between 8-18 hours a week (making a possible grand total of 68 hours per week). I don't really like this job. However, it gets me a discount on my favorite clothes and gets ends to meet.

Job #3: Beginning in January- 5 hours a week (at least) I'll be doing research and writing grant proposals. This will be fun. However, I'm not looking forward to losing more time at home.

All this, and I can still just pay my bills. Let's look at the math here.

168 hours in a week- 73 hours of work= 95 hours- 7 hours to commute to said jobs= 88 - 8 hours of sleep per night- with my schedule, I have to (64 hours)=24- 4 hours a week to bathe/ get ready for said jobs = 20 - 5 hours of working out a week= 15 hours - 5 hours a week doing necessary unfun things (grocery shopping, cleaning, etc)= 10 hours per week. This means that I have 1.28 hours to do the things I enjoy per day. Damnit. I just used 20 of my free minutes to do this.

I'll reiterate. I work too damn hard.

[This message has been edited by Peaseblossom (edited 12-13-2001).]

But that can't be entirely accurate since we've talked on the phone for more than and hour and half quite often.
smile.gif

Work shouldn't be so hard for someone who just wants to be happy. Love shouldn't be so hard for someone who just wants to be happy. Life shouldn't be so hard for someone who just wants to be happy.

I would say something like "what doesn't kill us makes us stronger," but it's not exactly comforting when you're getting attacked on all fronts.

All I can say is that even though I'm probably one of the big sources of confusion and stress for you, you know I'm always going to be here for you regardless of the decisions you have to make (not that I don't have my preferences for the decisions, but...). I want to see you happy above all else - God knows you deserve it.

Just don't ever think that you're alone in this - I may not be physically near you right now, but I'll always be by (and on) your side when you need me, and even when you don't. I love you.

Thanks sweetie. I know I'm not alone. That's probably the only thing that gets me through days like this.

and by the way- subtract the time we spend on the phone from the time for sleep. I never actually get 8 hours of sleep, but I do try.

Back
Top Bottom