its official #1441

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm sorry but college students and alcohol go hand in hand.....yes, some of them take it too far.... but like Chef says "There's a time and place for everything, and that's college."

I guess it just pissed me off because I used to be the girl out all night, every night drinking and the way you were talking about them was that they(me) were somehow beneath you. Does that make me a bad person too....I guess in your eyes it does. All I am saying is that there is more to the people around you than their drinking habits.

icon34.gif
drop shots :wave:

Not that this is important, but it's Monday, I'm bored and feeling honest..

I started drinking when I was 12. I drank and smoked everything until I graduated high school. I realize some ppl futz around in college - but high school is free (for many) and college isn't (for most). I wanted to get out of college in 4yrs with a good degree and kick ass grades, and no amount of partying options was going to deflect me from that.

I don't take issue with those who party in college.. so long as they keep their eyes on the prize and remember to study. Knowing myself, I couldn't reasonably balance the two and remain focused.

i'm lucky. i was able to balance both. i never really drank until college (i was little miss perfect in high school), and fortunately, was over the thrill of getting wasted regularly by the end of sophomore year. otherwise it could have gotten out of hand. my parents would have eaten my brains if they would have had to shell out and additional $30K for a fifth year. actually i think i would have eaten my own brains.

Yes, I've been to AA

HelloAngel said:
Not that this is important, but it's Monday, I'm bored and feeling honest..

I started drinking when I was 12. I drank and smoked everything until I graduated high school. I realize some ppl futz around in college - but high school is free (for many) and college isn't (for most). I wanted to get out of college in 4yrs with a good degree and kick ass grades, and no amount of partying options was going to deflect me from that.

I don't take issue with those who party in college.. so long as they keep their eyes on the prize and remember to study. Knowing myself, I couldn't reasonably balance the two and remain focused.

I wish I had that wisdom when I was that age....I almost got kicked out after my first year, and yes, I ended up having to go an extra year. But then again, it's the first time away from home, no parents, no rules, and the little alcoholic in me blossomed....

daisybean said:
....I guess in your eyes it does.

please don't make assumptions on what i do and do not "see." my irritation lies in their general irresponsibility. they regularly acquire minors (no license for 30 days, $100 fine, alcoholics anonymous classes), take home different boys every night, and scream hallelujah when they finally get their period. i'm sorry, but vast irresponsibility pisses me off, and their behavior is something that certainly falls under that.

:superwowslanty:

this IO thread is strange.

my nice keyboard broke. it was all wireless with mp3 controls and whatnot.

now im using a packard bell. if i wasn't a nerd i wouldn't even know what the hell packard bell is.

Back
Top Bottom