It's Official #1194

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryMullen's POPAngel

Blue Crack Distributor
I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
I cannot stop listening to the Weezer demo "Yellow Camaro" on mp3. :up:

I wanna see them again. NOW.

weezer.jpg

weezer.jpg

:cute:

i like cute boys.

i :heart: weezer. especially the cute one. his name escapes me at the moment? brian bell? yum. :drool:

If I wasn't so fucking broke this summer, I would have liked to have seen them in Cleveland and Detroit too.

I really liked Weezer until I read more interviews of Rivers. He is a real jerk. I hate his constant temper tantrums about Pinkerton; that's my favorite Weezer album. And for him to refuse to play any of those songs in concert (as stated in the interviews; i have no idea what they play live) is really ridiculous.

Anyways.. hope I didn't offend. I just get really sad when I read interviews where people get all crybaby about stuff when they have an incredible career.

yeah, Rivers can be kindda bratty

They played quite a few songs off of Pinkerton when we saw them in Columbus (and only 2-3 from Maladroit, believe it or not!), and from what I've heard they've been doing that a lot for this tour. I think Rivers has finally gotten over his hatred for that album, which is a good thing since it's practically every Weezer fan's favorite. :)

salami you rule.

Salome said:
Rivers should write "Come undone II - the trouser song"

:adam:

for some reason that made me :lol: more than i have all day. i also like the use of :adam: because it makes me think that salami wants his trousers undone. :eek:

Re: salami you rule.

Screaming Flower said:
i also like the use of :adam: because it makes me think that salami wants his trousers undone. :eek:
coincidence?
I think not

:dance:

HelloAngel said:
I really liked Weezer until I read more interviews of Rivers. He is a real jerk. I hate his constant temper tantrums about Pinkerton; that's my favorite Weezer album. And for him to refuse to play any of those songs in concert (as stated in the interviews; i have no idea what they play live) is really ridiculous.

Anyways.. hope I didn't offend. I just get really sad when I read interviews where people get all crybaby about stuff when they have an incredible career.

Weezer has been playing 6-7 Pinkerton songs per show all summer, plus tons from the first album. This is making everybody happy, since they would previously play maybe one song from Pinkerton. And it's not that Rivers hated the album, I think what had bothered him was that it was so personal, and in some interviews, he seemed almost embarrassed by the all feeling portrayed on that record. But now he seems to really be embracing it. :)

And on another note, many people have called him a jerk, asshole, whatnot, for not being as open with his fans. Not that I know the guy, but he's spoken out about being very shy and kinda neurotic, so I think that's what gives him that "asshole" personality. Kinda like people think a girl is a bitch, when she's really just shy. She's not choosing to exclude people, but it's just a matter of being in your comfort zone...

Just my 2 cents!

:D

Yep, the Buddy Holly video is what got me into Brian many years ago. Now I'm into the stronger stuff. :sexywink:

If memory serves, Rivers said in a few interviews that he was pissed Pinkerton didn't do well sales-wise, and that the "Cult Of Pinkerton" was "the worst thing" in his life. :shocked: And that was why he didnt want to perform it live.

But then again this was right when the Green album came out - and now that they are successful again, I guess it makes it alright to embrace yourself and what you perceive to be a commercial letdown.

(Pinkerton is also my fave Weezer album).

HelloAngel said:
If memory serves, Edge said in a few interviews that he was pissed POP didn't do well sales-wise, and that the "Cult Of POP" was "the worst thing" in his life. :shocked: And that was why he didnt want to perform it live.
right on

Back
Top Bottom