It's Official #000

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ELVIS ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Yes! So damn big.
Elvis was bombing in the National Park right behind my house overnight. Has made today alot easier. (The Pennant Hills/Sth Turramurra/West Pymble fire)

You got a lot of smoke where you are Tyler?
Its been prettty scary down here. Must be close to you now.
Damn that reminds me some of my u2ey online friends live in Epping, shit!

The fire is about a kilometre away, but with a wind change and 3 or 4 choppers it's not as bad as it was thought it would be. It's in West Pymble now. I back on to the same Nat Park at West Killara, so a North Westerly wind and we become the target. We have the Surry Hills fire brigade in our street at the moment setting everything up in case it swings. But for now Pymble and Turramurra are getting it all. And yes it's very very smokey.
Epping I think is ok today, it burnt close to there yesterday though.

yeah apparently they saved over 200 homes. Its fantastic.
Elvis is a legend
smile.gif

Actually I was hoping he and his mates would dip into my pool. Can u imagine watching that? haha

Did you tie a yellow ribbon to your letterbox manda? We were gonna do it to this neightbour down the road, he wouldn't have done it himself you see, so we thought we'd help the firies.

Im so sick of this fire shit, aren't you guys? The wind is picking up around here and flaring the BM fires again. I was listening to this report yesterday (maybe the day before) about the N.Ryde/Epping area fires. It sounded pretty severe, the journo who was a resident was basically saying they weren't attempting to contain them, more waiting for the wind to make up its mind then do the bombing.

I love Elvis. He is my hero.

I saw Elvis on the news here yesterday

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

We are all well in the clear now. We didn't need the thingy round the letterbox, after the 94 fires (took out 1 in 3 houses in our street, including the 1 accidently destroyed by water bombing lol) a 'community fire brigade' thing was set up in our street. Made sure most of the people with pools bought those pumps, with the whole street chipping in for the costs, plus all the houses with pools have little Fire Brigade signs on the gutter saying there is a water source at this house.

What sucks a fat one is it could start again any day, only because some dick might try and start it again. Our fire was delib. lit. Kinda professional too. The police say they used a 'fire bombing' technique, but they won't say what or how so as not to encourage a copycat. So we are all still keeping the pumps in our pools and cutting trees down etc just in case. That last fire went from being lit to being a massive problem within about an hour...

But yeah, what saved all the houses in our area, plus half the park, was the expected winds not showing up and Elvis. Elvis though is very loud when one is trying to get some sleep...

Yeah we're fine. The fire near us has died down I think. Thanks for asking, zone
smile.gif

Angie, we actually have a special sign on our gutter. After the 97 fires the fire department came around and asked us if they could affix a sign on our house to say they have permission to take our pool water.
So we dont need the ribbon.
I saw all the firemen washing the engines up at our local station today. I took them all some cookies last time. I think I might make up some sort of hamper and take it down again.

Back
Top Bottom