Its offical-Nose piercings can lead to a lot of pain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Russty Cat

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
About 6 months ago I had my nose pierced. It was really no big deal at the time. Well the piece of jewelry they put in was crappy and kept sinking into the whole, so I took it out and replaced it with another one that is called a nose bone. Its just one solid piece and was a bitch to get in. Well dumb me never considered the fact that the piercing was still healing and it healed fine, but sort of around the stupid jewelry.

So Wednesday night I went to see my friend who owns the tattoo and piercing shop I now go to. I didn't know him at the time that I originally had the piercing done. So I told him I wanted to take the cheap piece of crap out of my nose and put a new one in. He offered to sell me this really pretty new piece that I wanted at a huge discount and put it in for free. So we went up to the piercing room and when he realizes that I have a nose bone in he tells me that they are the worst thing you can put in, cuz they are so hard to get out. Long story short after much discussion I sat on the piercing table gripped it real hard, closed my eyes, and he ripped the fucker out. He felt so bad, he kept saying he hated putting me thru so much pain again. But there was no way to even try to get some tool or pliers in there to try to cut the back of the bone and pull it out.

I'm really happy with the new jewelry thats in there and my nose is just fine. But beware, don't screw with it on your own if you have a nose piercing! Go someplace and let them put something nice in for you that can be removed easily without causing you added pain!

OMG RUSSTY!!!:sad: just reading that made me grip my kitchen table:| :yikes: OMG.....sorry about that:hug::yuck:

I've always wondered....how do you blow your nose? It seems like it would hurt. :ohmy:

Sorry about your recent pain.

public said:
I've always wondered....how do you blow your nose? It seems like it would hurt. :ohmy:

Sorry about your recent pain.

:giggle: I always thought the same thing. But actually its no big deal blowing your nose. The piece of jewelry I have in now is just a bent piece that rests up against the inside of my nose so you really don't even notice it there. And once the piercing heals its not uncomfortable at all.

:hug: I just hope that other people don't have to learn the same lesson the hard way like I did. I had it checked again today and its healing just fine.

Whatever you do, do NOT take the a nose piercing out and not put a retainer in if you're planning on keeping the piercing!

I was forced to take mine out once at work and the thing started to close up within hours! It took me a very long and painful hour to get the damn thing back in.

Stars that sucks! And good to know! I always leave mine in cuz I'm a lucky girl who works for herself. But I have been tempted when a nose stud got stuck to a face mask I was wearing one day when I was cutting a bunch of metal. Trying to protect my face, but then ripping a piercing out would sort of defeat the purpose of a face mask. :lol:

Smurf mummies can be harsh like that sometimes. I'm a mummy now and I know I would prefer if my girls waited till they were much older to have theirs done. If it makes you feel better I wated till I was 29 so my mummy would have a total heart attack about it. She didn't even like it when I pierced my ears.

Sicy said:
Pics please :yikes:

What sort of pics are you wanting? hehe My nose looks pretty normal now. I could post pics of what kind of jewelry not to put in! :eek:

My older daughter just noticed today that I had different jewelry in. She was all huffy and asked when I got it changed and how come she didn't get to go. I was like oh trust me you didn't want to see him ripping the old one out. She is only 6. :lol: She said No thank you! but that she thinks the new star that I have in is "Pretty cool!" But she likes Bono so there is no accounting for taste with her. :wink:

I was trying to figure out how you get a barbell in your nose that wont come out :der: ...

Sicy you pretty much shove the sucker thru. At least thats how I got it in there. It wasn't easy to do. It never occured to me it would be just as hard to get out. :lol Yeah not the brightest cat in the box sometimes. :wink:

Smurf it really depends on your lifestyle. Rings are fine, but they don't work for me, because I have small children who like to pull on things. And I tend to get my clothing caught on my piercings, so a stud works well for me.

I recommend checking out alot of places and find one who will give you lots of info and will put in good quality jewelry and advise you on how to take care of it. You will probably think its expensive, but it will be worth it. You only have one face and you want it to look nice and not get infected! :no:

bammo2 said:
I've left mine out for months before and have always got it back in again, no probs
me too!!!

i've had to leave mine out for long periods of time too, as when i first started teaching i wasn't sure how students, staff and admin would react to a pierced nose, but i've never had any trouble getting it back in.

and when i had mine pierced (over 10 years ago) it hurt like a bitch for a minute and that was it.

i'm no doctor but i really think that pain, healing time, and the propensity of the piercing to close have a lot to do with how thick the skin of the nostril is.

Sicy you pretty much shove the sucker thru.

But where do you shove it? I mean, just through one nostril, or you mean like through your nose bone or something (I have no idea about peircings lol)

I think the nose studs look pretty cool but what about tongue piercing? Has anyone had that done? I think I'd be afraid of having that done - somewhere down the road I'd probably be known as "the black & decker pecker wrecker" :D

My sister had her tongue pierced. Her teeth are a bit of a mess after having it in for so long. :yikes:

I'm too chicken to have that done. I freaked out when I had my ears done. Imagine if I had my nose or tongue done, I'd probably pass out. :lol:

Dog-with-bone-on-nose-2.jpg

I change my nose ring all the time. I just buy the corkscrew or bend-to-fit studs.

MsGiggles said:
I think the nose studs look pretty cool but what about tongue piercing? Has anyone had that done?

I had 6 at one point and a tongue stud was one of 'em. The least painful of all the piercings but I got nervous about my teeth moving cause of it so I took it out.

Sicy said:

But where do you shove it? I mean, just through one nostril, or you mean like through your nose bone or something (I have no idea about peircings lol)

Mine is just threw one nostril. But you can pierce the piece of skin that is inbetween your two nostrils.

Tongue piercings can be a bit tricker at first, but if you take good care of it, it usually heals fine. I've heard of it causing problems with teeth though and I don't need anymore teeth issues. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom