It's Offical: I was mugged last night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Golightly Grrl

Refugee
Last night (around 7:30pm), while walking home from the grocery store, some mother fucker came out and mugged me. He pulled me to the ground and punched me a few times in the face and then grabbed my purse and got away in a get away car.

Fortunately, there were a few witnesses who saw the car speed off. One woman used her cell phone to call 911 and then let me call my friend, Oma, who arrived on the scene shortly.

An ambulance came by and took me to the nearest hospital where I stayed until nearly two in the morning getting a CT scan, x-rays, stitches, etc. I talked to several cops, a detective, and a photographer took pictures of some of my wounds. I have stitches around my left eye and a fracture at the bridge of my nose and under my eye. I also have bruises and abrasions.

Sadly, I'm woefully underinsured but there is a fund that aids victims of violent crimes in paying their medical bills. I was able to get some generic Vicodin for only 13 bucks. My sister said she'd also give me money to help me out and the hospital seems willing to work with me.

I've talked to several of my friends who are appalled and my boss told me to take as much time off as needed-so sweet.

I'm more pissed off than anything. The mofo probably just wanted my money. So "manly and brave" of him to beat up a woman who is only 5'1".

So if you could please send me some positve vibes, please do. I can really use it.

How horrible! I'm sorry this happened. Take care of yourself. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you. :hug:

I'm so sorry to hear this.

I hope you're as well as can be expected after something as horrible as this... people are thinking of you :)

Get well soon xxx

i'm so sorry to hear this. i know that you were hurt, but i am so glad that nothing worse happened.
about 13 yrs ago i was working at a domino's pizza store, close to closing 2 boys came in and robbed me at gun point. i was sure that it was not really happening. after i gave them all the money there was a moment when i felt like they didn't know what they were going to do next. i was scared that they were going to kill or rape me, but they didn't, just made me lay on the floor- then they left.
the very next week, the same two boys robbed a store 2 blocks down. they shot the clerk and he was in a coma for 8 yrs before he died.
i'm so sad that you are the victim of an attack, but i thank god that you were not hurt any worse.
make sure that you keep in contact with the police. i made some good friends the night i was robbed, one of the cops i met would still come by to check on me ever so often. i was able to get the names of the boys and keep track of which prison they are staying in ( life sentances for both of them)
don't blame yourself and it is ok to be angry. hell, i'm still angry and it's been how many years?
i'll be thinking of you.

That's awful. I hope you're feeling better soon :hug:

Greeneyedgirl, you were so lucky.

:hug: GolightlyGirl :hug: Apparently yesterday was "Fuck up a Law-Abiding Citizen Day" and nobody told us. I had my cell phone stolen right out of my purse sometime yesterday morning. The bastard(s) kept the thing for about an hour & a half before he/they decided to start calling America.... TX, VA, MD, VA again - there were more but I didn't want to know about them. Luckily, I won't be held responsible for any charges since I reported it in a timely manner. The great news is, I had just bought my phone the end of December -- and failed to put insurance on it, so I had to go pay full price to replace mine. :madspit:

Anyway, my problems are nowhere near as severe as yours.... even though your guy will probably never be caught (as I know mine won't), it gives me great peace & maybe it will you as well to know that the universe WILL even things out. You or I may not be around to witness it, but the punk ass prick bastards that we encountered yesterday will get what's coming to them! :mad:

Godspeed for your recovery... keep us updated on your progress!

Oh my gosh! :hug: What a little spineless dickhead! Robbing someone is bad enough but to attack you like that is just disgusting. I'm so sorry this happened to you. Please take care of yourself and get well soon.

I am so sorry to hear you had to go through that. Thank goodness there were people around to help you. Take care and get well soon:hug:

sooooo glad you're okay! :hug:

honestly...i'll never understand the bodily harm...what was the point of punching you in the face?

jeezus. take the freaking wallet but don't freaking punch a 5'1" woman in the face! :yell:

spineless bastard doesn't even scratch the surface when this mugging comes to mind.

i hope the cops nab the asshole.

did anyone catch the licence plate of the getaway car?

(((Interferencers)))

Well, I always knew U2 fans were a special kind of people. All of you are proving it. I love you guys so much.

I dealt with the worst in humanity Saturday, but I've also been dealing with the best-the witnesses, the girl who let me use her cellphone, the cops, EMTs, doctors, and nurses. And of course there is my family and friends (both in real life and on-line) who have been so wonderfully kind, compassionate and supportive. Hey, "sometimes you can't make it on your own."

I'm slowly on the mend. I'm taking vicodin and getting lots of rest. My dad is taking me to the doctor to take a look at my left eye. Right now, it's still swollen and I'm going to have quite a shiner. I should be okay. This situation could have been so much worse. My heart goes out to all victims of crime.

If this fucker ever gets caugh, I hope he becomes someone's prison bitch. Snerk. I bet he didn't think a tiny, little woman could be so tough. I did fight back (which made my dad rather proud). I was protecting my purse. Can you imagine if this fucker was messing with my hypothetical kid? He'd be dead!

Last night I watched my Slane DVD which made me feel so much better. Especially in the bonus track when cute, little Eve is dancing during "Mysterious Ways" with her daddy. So cute!

Once again, hugs to all of you!

Golightly Grrl :hug:

Hope you're okay. Good for you for fighting back, although the police probably didn't like hearing that. What a prick this guy was. Karma is a bitch, so hopefully he'll get his one day soon.

Golightly Grrl - I'm so glad you are coming out of this mess. I pray the perpetrator gets caught and gets what he deserves.

Hello, everyone.

I've got some good news and bad news. First the good news. I went to the doctor yesterday and it turns out I won't need any corrective facial surgery. However, the bad news is that I make too much money to get assistance from the state. Yea, right. I am going to look into this victims of violent crimes compensation fund to see if it can pay off some of my medical bills. If not, I'm screwed. I really need to watch my money. Hopefully, I'll get a permanent job soon.

And U2 tix for Milwaukee go on sale next week and because of my situation, I might have to forgo seeing them. Waah!

Back
Top Bottom