It's OF# My health insurance sucks.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiny dancer

Blue Crack Distributor
Every year I have to be tested for Cervical cancer, and I just found out that my health insurance will not pay for it. I already had the test, and now I have dish out $71.00 to cover it. And I won't hear about the results until I agree to pay for it. :madspit:

redkat said:
that sucks :angry:

you know if you didn't have insurance planned parenthood and similar agencies provide those services really cheaply

yep, you should check that out. I have a friend who has to go for a check every couple of months cause she has HPV, and she goes to one of those places cause she has no insurance.

:madspit: @ HMOS

nothing like paying to prevent an illness or disease. They'd rather dish it out when you actually have something.

:madwife:

Well you could go to Kaiser, they cover everything.

Accept the monthly payment is $170 :angry:

Thank God for the awesome health insurance where I work now. I don't even have to pay for it either. :drool: Being uninsured was one of the most miserable things. When I was sick, my sister actually mailed me a check for $200 because it was the only way my family could get me to go to the doctor. Then my doctor loaded me with free samples, since I couldn't afford prescriptions. It's ridiculous.

We're quiet fortunate in that regard...my former employer pays our health insurance for LIFE....we do have Kaiser by choice and we think they're wonderful...sorry that you have to pay; I'm sure that if you threaten to call your State's medical board and lodge a complaint re: pay or no results, might at least compel them to give you information on your exam....good luck. :)

Thanks for all your concern and help. This is the first time this has happened, so there must be some changes in my medical insurance. I have Blue Cross if any of you have heard of it. It's always been good to me in the past. I am thinking about giving them a call tomorrow.

I have Blue Cross, as does my dad and boyfriend.

Yeah, definitely give them a call. That just doesn't seem right. :(

I have Blue Cross as well.

I had Kaiser growing up, and my parents have had them practically all their lives in California. I really think they suck, you can never reach a doctor, you never have the same doctor twice (in most cases). Horrible. And my Uncle worked for them for many years as well. Maybe in different parts of the state or country they are better, but in S.Calif :madspit:

and Sicy- I wouldn't complain about the $170 you are paying. You want to talk rates & deductibles? Shoot me a PM :mad: :ohmy: :|

Back
Top Bottom