it's been a long time since we had a nice, riveting io thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She ls Raging said:
I want to know where all my mismatched socks went. Really, where are they?

My Missing Sock Theory of Relativity
(read carefully)

When you buy a pair of socks, they just look like plain socks, but they're not really: One is just a sock;we'll call it the alpha sock. The other one is actually the larval form of the wire coat hanger; we'll call this the beta sock.

Upon being thrown into a nice hot dryer, the alpha sock gets dry. The beta sock, however, is awakened from it's dormant state, crawls out of the dryer to the nearest closet (if no closets are available, an old card board box filled with old LPs, magazines, ets., will serve), and begins it's tranformation from beta sock to wire coat hanger.

This also explains the mystery sock--
the sock you have never seen before in your life; the sock nobody in the house will claim; the one that turns up even in the laundry of people with their own appliances, who do not use laundromats.

This is a new beta sock, resulting from the mating of the wire coat hangers in your closet. The female hanger lays an egg on your shirt in the darkness of the closet; it hatches in the heat of the dryer, and the microscopic baby beta sock conceals itself inside the machine, only emerging at night to feed on dryer lint. It is frequently polka dotted or striped.

When it is ready to undergo it's pre-transformation dormancy, it crawls into your laundry basket, to hide among the alpha socks, to the mild consternation of the household.

So that explains the mismatched sock, the mystery sock, and the wire coat hanger population boom; they are all related.

I haven't got socks on today. My toenails are pink and I am wearing pink flip flops with sparkly jewel type things on them. I think they are boho chick flip flops. Anyway, they look pretty. :up:

Back
Top Bottom