It So Fickle #8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ody

Refugee
Well, Radiohead ROCKED THE PARTY last night. Or some other, more current expression.

Very, very awesome. We were dead center in the pit, about four people back from the rail. We got there at about 1:00pm, and had maybe 60-70 people ahead of us in line. Other than a few cutters, the line was pretty smooth.

Supergrass was good, although I hadn't heard much of their stuff before. Straight up rock and roll.

Thom seemed much more involved with the crowd at this show than the Hollywood Bowl show I went to 2 year ago. But then, concerts viewed from the pit probably always seem that way.

Set highlights:

opened with 2+2=5, and the pit was going crazy. It seemed like an extra-long time had passed between Supergrass and Radiohead, and the anticipation fueled everyone to really get it going early. It felt like a punk show (literally), not that I've been to any *cough* recently.

Talk Show Host- I love this song, first time seeing it live. So simple and devastating.

Just- wild. No one was really expecting it, and we had talked before the show about how cool it would be if they played it. The pit goes crazy again. "you do it to yourself..."

Karma Police- in the second encore, Thom leads the crowd in a sing-along, after the song is over "this is what you'll get".

Drunken Punch-up at a Wedding- I dunno what it is about this song, but I really like it live. Giant close-ups of Thom's face on the video screens, as he plays piano, just like in "you and whose army".

Pyramid song, Paranoid Android, Idioteque and National Anthem were so great as well.

A very good time was had by all.

no!

I love that ody only comes here

he's interference's best kept secret

one day he'll have 100,000 posts and then he'll go to LS and they'll freak out

I remember Zoney...but I like this better. I feel like i've reached an equilibrium

I started off...for two years I was nobody and nobody cared I was here at all...then I shot up too high...and now I'm just nice

the demographics zoney is aiming towards are old women and fetus'
so ya gotta take that into consideration

hi screamy.

I don't have the strength to post anywhere else presently.

Someday maybe, but I've been saying that for 2 years now.

Also, I have jumped on the Cubs bandwagon (and the Twins Zoney).

Since the poor, poor white sox were eliminated.

I have forgiven the Twins however, because after all, I was born in Minnesota.

high five on that one

it should be elimination when you lose one game...right from the get go. the first day a dozen would be eliminated...each day after that someone gets eliminated until the winner is the one who has never lost a game!!

see!!

isn't that more exiting!?

Basstrap said:
high five on that one

it should be elimination when you lose one game...right from the get go. the first day a dozen would be eliminated...each day after that someone gets eliminated until the winner is the one who has never lost a game!!

see!!

isn't that more exiting!?

:love: Bassy :love:

:applaud:

no bassy.

If that were the case, there would be either mass homicide or suicide involving opening day.

Too much pressure at the beginning of the season.

Back
Top Bottom