IO: Welcome to the boondocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2granny

Blue Crack Addict
My mother has been in icu for four days. We tried to call her doctor this morning and got his answering service. They told us that they "don't take messages.":eyebrow:

I hope your mother will recover very quickly.

It's very difficult for me not to get angry re: her doctor, though. I must say over the course of the years, I am losing more and more respect for the medical establishment and how they treat people. I know there are very good, devoted and compassionate healthcare professionals out there, but a few bad apples.... If you cannot get to her doctor soon, can you voice your concern with the hospital administrator? (Also, sometimes, the nurses know a lot more of what's going on than the doctors, so maybe they can be an information source for you.)

But now, I will concentrate on sending good thoughts, energy and prayers to you, your family and your mom. :hug:

:dance:

P.S. What's the point of an "answering service" that doesn't take messages?! Might as well let the phone just ring!

They did that to me when my dad was extremely ill. I freaked out on them and told them it was an emergency and that they had better get the doctor to call me back. The doctor called me back within an hour and had me admit my dad to the hospital that night. IDIOTS!! You have to really fight for yourself sometimes - and know you have the right. Yes, I'm still angry!! Sorry.

Last edited:
That's ridiculous. Someone must be able to tell you something. Bah I hate doctors.

Hope your mom gets well soon :hug:

u2granny said:
We tried to call her doctor this morning and got his answering service. They told us that they "don't take messages.":eyebrow:

The whole point of a physician's answering service is to take the message from the patient and immediately relay it to the physician on call. I have had to call physician answering services in the middle of the night when my sister was sick ... we usually got a call back from one of the physicians in the practice within an hour of leaving our message.

If I were you, I would mention what happened with the answering servivce to your mom's doctor at her next appointment.

Back
Top Bottom