IO: Tomer has been deactivated.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know why tomer decided to start getting on everybody´s
nerves. He is a great guy!
Very funny and adorable.

I hope he will come back :sad:

Tomer and dutch people :up:

Okay, everyone, no more picking on Tomer.

He would be allowed back if he would do as he was asked--that is, not troll.

And, btw, I don't buy the excuse that "Oh, he's 17, he doesn't know any better." Bullshit. We have a lot of 17-year-olds here (and younger) who seem to understand the rules just fine.

This is really quite enough.

Elvis has stated, clearly and openly, in 2 places, why Tomer has been deactivated--after MULTIPLE warnings from a mod who was then badmouthed very ungenerously for simply doing her job. Tomer would be welcome back if he decided to follow the FAQs and not give the mods shit.

That is all.

End of story.

paxetaurora said:

And, btw, I don't buy the excuse that "Oh, he's 17, he doesn't know any better." Bullshit. We have a lot of 17-year-olds here (and younger) who seem to understand the rules just fine.

i can think of a BUNCH of under 17 posters who annoy the fuck out of me with their utter inabilty to form a coherent sentence...but that's just me.

paxetaurora said:
"Utter inability to form a coherent sentence" and "pissing off the mods and trolling" are 2 very different things. ;)

not when they post 80 "dO U LiEk (fill band in the blank)" threads.

but i guess it was my mistake in not going itchy trigger finger over the "report" button. statue of limitations, as those persons seems to have fallen off the face of the internet (or perhaps gone back to pleba where they belonged).

Last edited:
I know a bunch of adult posters who piss me off and seem to push the limit here. I also thought I had seen a mod being rude to Tom but I could be wrong.

This place is full of surprises.
:up:

The issue is not that Tomer "pushed the limit" with 8 zillion threads that basically amounted to "Ja." None of the mods talked about deactivating him until he gave Sicy such a hard time. If he hadn't, would he have been deactivated? Probably not. If he had decided to lay low for a while after giving Sicy shit, would he have been deactivated? Again, probably not.

The problem is that Tomer willingly and repeatedly flouted polite requests to stop trolling, and badmouthed the mod in question to boot. That's all.

it's strange how people around here are let go after an incident involving them, but then the company line on their letting go is always something that happened earlier. i believe that just happened not too long ago with a couple of other people, as well.

:shrug: normally when multiple posts with the same subject are made, they are combined into one. perhaps that would've been a better tactic to counter his move, rather than an outright deactivation. but hey... what do i know.

so it's ok (i mean, this is just going on lara's alleged allegations of alledgedly seeing a mod be nasty to tomer) for a mod to give him crap, but not for him to give crap back?

i'll keep that in mind if i ever find myself getting pushed around by the powers that be.

This place is full of surprises.

that it is, that it is.

Well, first of all, why don't you show us where a mod was being nasty to Tomer? I'm not being sarcastic--I mean this. Dig it up, forward it to Elvis if you like, post it here. We'll talk about it.

I wuold suggest you re-read my last post. Tomer was not deactivated for a single reason. It was a combination of several factors, coupled with poor timing and negative judgment, that led to his deactivation. He could have avoided it.

Ja. :|

before we do that, can you address my point on tom spamming io (which although you say not the sole reason for his deactivation, it was clearly the straw that broke the camel's back so to speak) vs. incoherent "waht's ur OTHER favrite band?!?!?!?!" type threads?

paxetaurora said:
Well, first of all, why don't you show us where a mod was being nasty to Tomer? I'm not being sarcastic--I mean this. Dig it up, forward it to Elvis if you like, post it here. We'll talk about it.

I wuold suggest you re-read my last post. Tomer was not deactivated for a single reason. It was a combination of several factors, coupled with poor timing and negative judgment, that led to his deactivation. He could have avoided it.

Ja. :|

fair enough... it was obvious that it was a series of events including this current one that let to it... your last post made it sound that the "trolling" had nothing to do with it... i'm glad you clarified things.

I suppose the difference (though I'm speaking off the cuff here) is that you can chalk that up to a simple immaturity, excitedness, whatever--and that "trolling," if you want to call it that, is not coupled with a disrespect (really, almost a cruelty) toward well-intentioned moderators.

tomer got what he set out to do. he was trying to prove some point. he knows the rules and he blatantly disregarded them. was elvis being heavy handed? maybe but nothing else was working with tomer. so maybe a well deserved time out is in order. :shrug:

just my two cents...

Doozer61 said:
tomer got what he set out to do. he was trying to prove some point. he knows the rules and he blatantly disregarded them. was elvis being heavy handed? maybe but nothing else was working with tomer. so maybe a well deserved time out is in order. :shrug:

just my two cents...

:yes: I like Tomer (and everyone who's posted in his defense in this thread), but you all know that he was trying to get banned. The tone of the initial post in this thread pisses me off, but the rationale behind the banning doesn't.

Tomer was pain in the ass. Personally, I don't care why he was banned.

What's going to be a real pain in the ass for the next fucking decade are the people who are going to get all bent out of shape when Joel does something they don't like and then get all offended and nasty.

Repeatedly. At every opportunity.

Give it a rest and let those of us who are able to have some perspective get on with Interference.

martha said:

What's going to be a real pain in the ass for the next fucking decade are the people who are going to get all bent out of shape when Joel does something they don't like and then get all offended and nasty.

Repeatedly. At every opportunity.

Give it a rest and let those of us who are able to have some perspective get on with Interference.

I couldnt have said that better myself. :bow:

IWasBored said:

but i guess it was my mistake in not going itchy trigger finger over the "report" button.

I would just like to jump in and say that peole SHOULD use the report function if they feel it necessary. However, we also ask that people do not abuse it. We've been fortunate that people have been good about not abusing it thusfar.

Mods can't be here 24/7...even though it seems like some of us *cough*me*cough* are here a lot. :lol: Even when we are here though, it's impossible to keep up with everything, and Interference is getting bigger and busier. It really helps us out when members report legit problems.

Bonochick said:
Mods can't be here 24/7...

Then shouldn't there be mods covering the time zones? That way if someone *does* troll, there'll be someone around to deal with it.

No, wait, there were mods, weren't there? :|

Even with mods in other time zones, not everything can be caught. We're only human.

Look, I don't want to get into a debate about issues that have gone down recently. All I wanted to do was encourage people to report any problems they encounter.

IWasBored said:

i can think of a BUNCH of under 17 posters who annoy the fuck out of me with their utter inabilty to form a coherent sentence...but that's just me.

No, not just you.

And I don't like the "tone" of this thread, either. It makes a mockery out of the rules and faq. Maybe (and I stress maybe) what Tomer did was a little disrespectful, but he had good reason and his heart was in the right place.

Pardon me for being cliche, but what comes around, goes around. Give a little respect and people will respect you in kind. Hand out nothing but disrespect, then you should expect that kind of reaction. Honestly, I am surprised that more people haven't been doing what Tomer did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom