IO: Toledo, Ohio has had the most...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melon

ONE love, blood, life
...elections ads than anywhere in the country. I miss living in Boston, because I had none of them there at all. But now that I primarily watch Toledo TV, I want to say...

1) Most of you "Swift Boat" veterans look too old to have been in Vietnam. Plus, I doubt any of you were actually paying too much attention, because you would have noticed that Bush did absolutely NOTHING during Vietnam; so how could Kerry have been worse than that?

2) With all due respect to "Ashley," it's terrible that your mother died in 9/11, but I don't see how the president hugging you at a Republican political rally makes him qualified to be president. John Kerry wished my sister a happy birthday at the political rally at University of Toledo (and I shook his hand twice). Does Kerry's handshaking abilities outweigh Bush's hugging abilities? Now there's the real test of a president...:rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to this election being over and hope you all take the time to vote come Nov. 2nd.

Melon

Good points. I am thankful not to have seen many ads either because I live in New York City and Bush knows better than to try to win this state.

I am definitely sick of this election already. I want it to be over on Tuesday night.

AJ

melon- It's good to see you around interference again. I remember your posts way back from 2000 when this board just started.

Well, I'm stuck on a modem these days, so the frustration of trying to operate this site on something to gut-wrenchingly slow is sometimes too much to handle...lol. But I sometimes get in a mood to post a lot...like tonight!

Melon

Melon, where are you at right now that you're seeing Toledo t.v.? Just curious...I did my undergrad at Bowling Green S.U., which is 20 miles south of Toledo. Now I'm back at home...blah.

~LadyLemon~ said:
Melon, where are you at right now that you're seeing Toledo t.v.? Just curious...I did my undergrad at Bowling Green S.U., which is 20 miles south of Toledo. Now I'm back at home...blah.

Just north of the border in Michigan, which is my "back home"...blah. I'm attempting to find a job away from here again...lol.

Melon

melon said:

2) With all due respect to "Ashley," it's terrible that your mother died in 9/11, but I don't see how the president hugging you at a Republican political rally makes him qualified to be president. John Kerry wished my sister a happy birthday at the political rally at University of Toledo (and I shook his hand twice). Does Kerry's handshaking abilities outweigh Bush's hugging abilities? Now there's the real test of a president...:rolleyes:

I've seen this commercial three times already today...

Wow. I grew up in Toledo.

Didn't know the local television could be so interesting.

I guess that is the benefit of living in an uncontested states :|

Damn! They're expecting upward of 75%+ voter turnout in this election. That's crazy, but very good!

(Democrats, historically, benefit from higher voter turnout. :sexywink: )

Melon

melon said:
Damn! They're expecting upward of 75%+ voter turnout in this election. That's crazy, but very good!

Melon

Fantastic, and I don't mean that in a partisan sense. It's just really great to see so many people exercising their rights, no matter who they vote for.

melon said:

Melon

For those that post over at the big X, this is somewhat of a repeat, but ...

For the first time since I started voting, I had to wait in line to vote. I had about a 20 minute wait. My coworker just told me her husand waited in line for an hour to vote this morning.

I feel ya, Melon. I'm south of Detroit (about 20 minutes away from you), and I am S-I-C-K of the election ads. Last night, I'm pretty sure there was one point where the entire advertising break was election ads. Can't wait till Wednesday.

I feel your pain too, Melon. I go to BGSU (go Falcons, right Kristina? lol) so I watch mostly Toledo channels. That Ashley commercial makes me nauseated.

madonna's child said:
I feel your pain too, Melon. I go to BGSU (go Falcons, right Kristina? lol) so I watch mostly Toledo channels. That Ashley commercial makes me nauseated.

Hey there! How's BG? I miss the old days, although it's still a relief to be out of there!

Back
Top Bottom