IO They're everywhere, they're everywhere

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Doozer61

Blue Crack Addict
Dust Mites!!

Dust%20Mites.jpg

Try not to think about them when you lay your head on your pillow!!

:evil:

:cute: Can I have one... PLLLEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZEEEEEE?!?!?
I promise I'll take care of it! I will love him, and feed him, and pet him & name him George!!! :yes:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

this is the one thing that gets me all pissy. i hate dust mites. i have a terrible reaction to them, i get all blotchy, and itchy. sucks to be terribly allergic to something thats everywhere. luckily tea tree oil kills the bastards fast. so they are everywhere no longer.....now they are only just about everywhere

:eyebrow:

Info just for you, M4P, on dust mites:

What do they eat?

House dust mites feed on human skin scales which we shed all the time. Unfortunately for the mite, a newly-shed skin scale is not particularly desirable - it is too fatty and too dry for the mite to ingest. However, the skin that we shed often becomes infested with a fungus called Aspergillus repens which takes out the fat and adds water, thereby making the skin scale perfect for the dust mite's needs.

Where do they live?

House dust mites, unlike many of their close relatives, do not have a hard outer covering. They have a thin, permeable skin, which makes them vulnerable to water loss. Hence, mites like to live in places of high humidity - ideally 75-80% relative humidity (RH). They also need to be in a location that will provide them with a constant supply of human skin. One of the most common places to find house dust mites is in the bed. We all shed approximately 1g of skin a week in our beds, and we spend up to eight hours a day there, producing about a pint of water in sweat, which causes the RH to remain at a high level.

House dust mites can also be found in carpets and upholstery. Both are sites that can accumulate skin scales if not cleaned often and thoroughly, and, like mattresses and pillows, they are changed infrequently, allowing dust and therefore mite populations to build up over many years.

Last edited:
eww that is just wrong.

and

for some strange reason Im picturing dust mites nodding their head in Jeannie fashion to settle nicely on pillows inside your bong....

that is just wrong.

:lol:

TheBrush said:
this is the one thing that gets me all pissy. i hate dust mites. i have a terrible reaction to them, i get all blotchy, and itchy. sucks to be terribly allergic to something thats everywhere. luckily tea tree oil kills the bastards fast. so they are everywhere no longer.....now they are only just about everywhere

I'm allergic to these things also, and have to get allergy shots.

Back
Top Bottom